Chapter 43

(Eva's POV)

                     I don't know how long I decided to stay at the lake for. But I could see the sky starting to turn orangish yellowish so I knew the sun was starting to set.

                      If I run I'll be there in about 2 hours. If I walk it'll be 4. I could always teleport but I'm really starting to think all this power is getting to me.

                    So I guess I'll just walk. I need the time. So I started my journey.

                    I was walking when I heard this sound. It sounded like breathing but with my advance hearing it sounded like it was right next to me.

                    I turned my head and scanned everything. Nothing. I started to walk about but I heard a twig snap.

                "I know you're there. Show yourself!" But nothing.

                     I listened and I could hear their heartbeat pick up. That only happens when you're scared.

                    "Look, I'm not going to hurt you. Please, show yourself? ."

From the bush came a wolf. But not just any wolf its the wolf I've been seeing.

I thought this wolf was a girl but now that it's standing 5ft in front of me I know it's a guy.

I just stare at him. His piercing blue eyes, dirty fur, and the smell was no better.

"My names Eva. Do you want to shift so you can tell me your name?" The wolf shook his head and whimpered.

I checked him over and he wasn't cut. So why is he making noise?

"Do you not want to change back?"

He shook his head no.

"So you do?"

Again he nodded his head. What the heck is he trying to say.

"This may not be the best idea but right now it's our only shot. Read his mind Eva."

I forgot about that. But I don't want to do it.

"I don't know Rosie. Remember what the book said?"

"How else can you understand him?"

She has a point. Here goes nothing. I have to focus as if I was trying to send him a mind link. I was starting to give up until I felt this intense pressure in my head.

"God, why can't she just understand me?"

He had a deep voice and he sounded really tired. I know I can't mind link him I could only read his mind.