Chapter 9

quick, short update <3

"Thank you for your hard work," BTS said in unison has they exited the stage. Jungkook hasn't felt this energized in months and his smile couldn't seem to disappear from his face.

Jin giggled as he ruffled the maknae's hair. "You did amazing today!"

"Thanks hyung!" Jungkook chirped, dabbing his sweat with the towel he had received from one of the staffs.

"Everyone load into the van. We're heading to Myeoungdong for a fansign event," the manager instructed.

Jungkook ran towards the exit, shouting, "Last on there is a rotten egg!"

Hoseok and Jimin gladly joined in on the race to the vehicle while Namjoon, Jin, and Yoongi took their time following along.

"I'm not sure if I'm going to get use to this side of him," Yoongi mumbled. "He's too bubbly now. It's like a second Hoseok."

"I like him this way!" Jin defended. "He's finally becoming nicer! And he called me hyung!"

"Congrats. I don't give a shit." Yoongi chuckled.

"Yeah, we know." Namjoon laughed. "That should be the title of your mixtape. No shits given."

Jin hissed at them for their cursing before sighing. "Guys, do you think this is because of Taehyung?"

"I'm sure it is," Namjoon confirmed. "Maybe we should invite him over to the hang out one day?"

"No ways! Then that would be three bubbly Hoseok's!" Yoongi complained.

Namjin continued to ignore their grandpa member as they entered the van. Jungkook sat between Jimin and Hoseok, talking up a storm about how well their dance moves were.

When they arrived at the Myeoungdong fansign event, Jungkook happily greeted the fans with so much enthusiasm, the members couldn't help but be proud of their joyful maknae.

It had already been 30 minutes of fan greeting and signing and they were barely half way into the line. Jungkook gave everyone fan service, doing aegyo's and playing with their hair, as well as messing with his eldest hyung on his side.

"Everyone!" Jimin spoke into the microphone. "Do you think our Jungkookie is being extra nice today?"

The fans replied yes in unison, causing the members to giggle.

"He even called me handsome!" Jimin tattled. "It's so strange, isn't it?"

"Yah! Why is it wrong for me to compliment you?" The maknae argued.

"Aish! What did you break? Did you take my phone?" Jimin glared, but Jungkook denied it. Eventually Hoseok stole the microphone away from the oranged hair male as he shouted I love you's to the ARMYS

"Hello," Jungkook greeted the next fan at the table. "What's your name?"

"I-I'm K-Kim Taeyeon," the girl gleamed.

Jungkook giggled at the girl's shyness while stroking her hair. "Cute!"

"Oppa! You're my bias! I love you a lot, you know that?" Taeyeon smiled widely.

"Oh really?" He replied, opening the album to his photo.

"Ne! My brother Taehyung doesn't like you though. He likes Hopie oppa--"

"Taehyung?" Jungkook cut off. "You're Kim Taehyung's sister?"

"Ommo! You know my brother?" The younger girl's eyes widened. 

Jin overheard their conversation and leaned over to Jungkook's side. "Oh? Taehyung-ah is our friend!"

Jungkook nodded as glanced around the crowd. "Is he here?"

"No, sorry oppa." Taeyeon frowned. "He's with his boyfriend."

"What?" Jungkook nearly choked on his own saliva. Jin also gasped as he heard the sudden news.

"Taehyung has a boyfriend?" The eldest questioned.

"Well, ex boyfriend. But he came back," Taeyeon explained. "Are you going to sign my album?"

"Yeah, hold on." Jungkook replied, leaning closer. "What do you mean he came back?"

"Excuse me, you guys need to finish it up here. Jungkooki-ssi, there's more fans." The staff instructed, but Jungkook waved his hand to usher her away.

"He moved to America, but he came back a couple of days ago. He stopped at our house yesterday, but I told him Taehyung was back at college so he went looking for him." Taeyeon frowned. "Why?"

"Jungkook!" The manager shouted from the back.

"Oppa, I don't want you to be in trouble!" Taehyung's sister panicked. "Can you sign my album?"

"But--"

"Jungkook," Jin scolded. "You can deal with this later."

The maknae sighed in frustration as he signed the album. Taeyeon thanked him before sliding over to the next member. Jin patted the younger on his back, trying to comfort him as Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows.

"How much longer is this fansign event Jin? After this, our schedule is over right? I can go back to the college after this right?"

"Jungkook, what are you thinking?" Jin questioned, seeing the strange look on the maknae's face.

"Nothing," Jungkook shook his head, taking the next album into his hands as he quickly signed the album. "But who ever that guy is, he's going to have to deal with me."