Chapter 18

I tried to approach him, but I stepped back a little. Why am I getting worked up? That's when I remembered.

Michael and I aren't even actually dating.

This means he has the freedom to date whoever he wants, even when I told him I wanted to hold off. But seeing him talk to that girl has made me realize that I do wanna be with Michael. I don't wanna wait anymore. Michael gives me all these feelings inside and I can't hold them back anymore. So when he finished talking to the girl, he walked up to me.

"Hey" he said, casually.

"Hey, who was she..?" I asked.

"My cousin" he replied. I took a mental sigh of relief.

"Oh, okay." I want to tell him. "Michael?" I asked, stopping in my tracks. He turned around to face me.

"Yeah?"

"I...I wanna be with you."

"I know, and I'm waiting for you" he replied, smiling.

"No, I mean right now. I know what happened with Calum was horrible but I really really wanna be with you." He smiled and pressed his lips against mine. I felt him smile into the kiss which made me smile and he soon pulled apart. He grabbed my hand and intertwined out fingers as we walked down the beach. That's when I spotted Calum and I felt my heart beat slow down.

Calum wore a grey muscle shirt that showed the tattoos on his muscular arms. He sat on one of the rocks, talking to a group of boys who I assumed were his friends. He gestured for a blonde girl to sit on his lap so she did, and he glanced over at me and Michael. Michael mumbled under his breath. "Calm down, Michael" I said to sooth him. "Ignore Calum." He sighed and wrapped an arm around me, resting his head on my head. We walked down the beach for a while until I saw something that made me stop in my tracks.

Ashton and Jessica making out.

My eyes widened and they pulled apart, both turning towards me and Michael.

"Um-" Ashton began but Jessica cut him off.

"We can explain" she said, putting her hands up innocently.

"How could you do this to Luke?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Listen...it sort of just happened...I don't know how, we were caught up in the moment..." She kept trailing off.

"Either you're gonna tell Luke about this or I will" I said through gritted teeth. She bit down on her lip and turned to Ashton who didn't say anything. She swallowed hard.

"I-I'll tell him" she said, looking to the ground with shame. I shook my head and grabbed Michael's hand, walking right past them. Michael stepped in front of me.

"What was that all about?" He snapped.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Why were you so mad over her cheating on Luke?" He asked angrily.

"Because Luke is one of my best friends" I replied calmly.

"Well you sure as hell seemed like more back there" he replied with a huff.

"Michael, we literally just got together and we're already fighting, can we please just stop?"

He sighed, biting down on his lip.

"Okay" he replied, scratching the back of his head. We both walked back to my cabin in silence and I pulled out a book as he plopped down on my bed. I began to read, but Michael stopped me. "Nooooo" he whined, grabbing my book from my hands and tossing it aside. "Don't be boring."