~ 26 ~

"You never told me about your parents," Louis said quietly, snuggling against Harry's chest further, nuzzling right in that space between his arm and chest. He loved this place. And it only belonged to him.

Harry hummed quietly, pulling Louis closer to him. They were laying on the hospital bed and as much as Harry hated the scent in there, he was okay. Harry moved his nose to brush against Louis' hair and smiled gently.

"I know," he whispered and stroked over Louis' belly for a few seconds before he spoke again, "I don't like talking about them. But you have a right to know. My past isn't easy.."

"I won't judge you. I'd be the last to do so.." Louis smiled and looked up, meeting green piercing eyes that looked calm.

"I know, baby." Harry hummed and exhaled slowly, "I told you about Gemma.. She's my sister. My parents are dead and it's my fault," Harry swallowed tightly. Louis just hugged him closer, waiting for him to go on and didn't interrupt him again. 

"I didn't see the car coming," Harry closed his eyes painfully, face contorting at the memory.

"We've been at the wrong place in the wrong time. The driver was drunk and crashed into the side of our car. Mom and Dad were dead in an instant.. I should've done something though. Turned the car or anything, anything.

"I still blame myself for it. That's why I had anger management therapy.. My guilt turned into anger and hate," Harry gulped as Louis clutched to his side, an oh so sweet little bundle.

"I pushed Gem away because I was too angry of myself. I had contact with her a year ago but I still was so lonely.." He whispered and bit down on his lower trembling lip.

"Just like you, lonely, with your thoughts and memories eating you up. That's when you came into my life.. You distracted me, showed me love and joy in life again. Niall was there too, but he was just my cook, I didn't need to take care of him. He's an adult, you know," Harry chuckled and ruffled Louis' hair.

"You're my little boy," Harry pressed his lips to Louis' forehead whispering a breathless "thank you."

"I'm sorry, but it really wasn't your fault Harry. Things like that can happen at any time," Louis whispered and frowned, "I'm just sorry it happened to you and your family. You don't deserve that.." Louis smiled and cupped Harry's face in his hands, peppering kisses to his face with a soft hum.

"I love you," Harry whispered and leaned in to kiss Louis. Some things just didn't need to be told. Harry finished with it and he didn't think that Louis needed to know. They had each other, enough drama that has happened to them. Maybe he would tell one day when Louis was older.

"I love you more," Louis whispered and nipped gently on Harry's lower lip before he just cuddled against him again, yawning.

"Let's just start right here, with me being who I am now.. Because I am who I want to be."

~

"It was nice of Liam, Zayn and Jess to come visit me at the hospital.. They're true friends, you know," Louis whispered, eyes big and blue as they looked up at Harry. The boy was clothed in his pyjamas, fluffy socks warming his feet as Harry hummed and nodded.

"Yes, I'm happy you have them. It's so important to have true friends.. And I'm really glad that that Vic girl isn't showing up here anymore," Harry flicked an eyebrow up, placing his hand on his hip.

"Oh?" Louis tilted his head to the side and smiled, biting down in his lip. "Have you been jealous?" He whispered and smirked.