The Death Cure: You Promised.

Thomas and the others burst into the Berg as soon as the ramp hit the ground. Y/N was the first to run in, calling Newt's name over and over again. Soon, everyone split up to search for their friend.

Thomas finally came to a room where Minho was sitting down, reading a letter. It was from Newt.

They got inside somehow. They're taking me to live with the other Cranks. It's for the best. Thanks for being my friends. Goodbye.

The two boys sat there, eyes widened in disbelief. Y/N rushed in, snatching the paper out of Minho's hands. Thomas could see the tears brimming in his friend's eyes. She covered her mouth with her hand, shaking her head as she read the message. If this was not heartbreaking, then Thomas did not know what was.

He knew how much the two had loved each other. He witnessed it all since the Glade. They were always together; it was strange seeing Y/N stand their on her own. The image of Newt standing beside her crept into Thomas' head as if it was another illusion.

Thomas followed Y/N, who ran towards the room where Brenda and Jorge were standing.

"Jorge," the girl was forcing herself not to cry, "Do you know where they keep the Cranks?"

Thomas was glad that Y/N was thinking similarly to him. They had to get Newt out of there. He didn't belong there. Immediately, Jorge agreed to take them to the closest Crankhouse, where Newt was probably taken.

The Berg took off. Thomas couldn't help but try to soothe things out with Y/N. He felt that it was his fault that they couldn't get to Newt earlier. Back in Denver, Y/N and Minho had wanted to return to the Berg immediately, but Thomas and the others agreed that it was better to wait for the next morning.

Y/N looked like she was forcing herself to smile. "You don't have to apologize to me, Thomas. It's not your fault."

Thomas smiled at her, almost pathetically, thinking it would do any better. He knew that the only person who could make her feel better was Newt. Only Newt could make her feel better right now.

"It hurts when you could have someone in your heart, but not in your arms. Isn't that right, Thomas?" Y/N leant her head against the metal wall behind her. She was probably referring to Teresa.

Thomas nodded for her sake. "Don't worry, Y/N. We'll get Newt back. We won't be leaving without Newt."

He said these words, and he meant it. It was the only thing he could do for Y/N. Both Newt and Y/N have been such great friends to Thomas. He felt like he had to do anything for the two of them. This was the only thing he could do for Y/N.

After at least half an hour, the Berg had finally arrived at the Crankhouse. The whole group looked at the place in disgust, but they knew they had to go in to look for Newt. There were two men looking after the place. They seemed to be normal. Immune.

Jorge had to bribe them with money before they agreed to let them enter. Thomas hated how greedy the pair had been. They were already getting paid big money for minding this Crankhouse. Jorge had nothing to worry about, however. The money he was using was the money of WICKED. For once, Thomas was thankful for them.

"Wait here while we get your friend." One of the guards commanded, as the group took seats on the torn, worn-out lounges. Y/N sat down, her hands in her lap. She looked excited, yet nervous. Everyone else had seemed to reflect similar expressions.

Minho continued to make sarcastic comments while they waited, surprisingly not making anyone laugh this time.

The guards finally returned after at least ten minutes. Everyone was pleased to hear that they had found Newt. However, the guard had also brought a message from Newt.