Chapter Forty-Six

Of course on a Saturday night the parking lot was full. I parked a few blocks away, hating the fact that I had chosen to wear heels I had no choice but to walk.

I second guess my decision when I finally stepped into the bar and everyone looked at me like I was nuts. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, tried to discreetly remove the pearls from around my neck and took a seat at the smoky bar.

The bar tender gave me a once over. I might have been over dressed, at least my dress was short and not some ball gown Cinderella kind of dress. "What can I get you?" He asked finally.

"Something strong and, oh I don't know, red."

"Red and strong?" He repeated.

"You got it pal."

In a few moments a drink was set before me. Strawberry and coconut. Not bad honestly. I took a drink and put my head back with a sigh. Now that I thought about it, I couldn't remember coming to a bar, a real bar since Alessio came back.

I wasn't sure if I missed the scene or not. I spun on the backless stool to watch the room as I slurped on my drink. Loud music, idiots dancing, someone was playing darts while his friend kept waving his hand in front of the dart board they all laughed every time the dart missed his hand.

I scanned the room over, a group of guys was giving me a weird look so I turned back towards the bar. A few seconds later someone sat down beside me and I had to force myself not to grimace. I had to remind myself that I was in a very public place and nothing could go wrong here.

"Hey." Someone said to my left as someone else took the seat to my right.

I chewed my cheek the way Alessio teased me for doing and turned my head to the left.

"Aren't you that girl?"

I felt myself relax only slightly. This could be the start of a really lame pick up line, which would still be slightly unsettling since there were three of them and only one of me.

"From the TV?"

"Oh, oh! Yeah! Yeah I am."

"Awesome!"

Upon closer inspection these kids were barely in their twenties, in fact, they could have even been in here with a fake ID and been under twenty-one. I had no clue but looking at them now I saw that they were certainly not a threat to me.

"Duuude" They said in unison and exchanged excited glances.

I laughed.

"My dad watches you every morning." One said and I laughed again.

"You've like, got to let us buy you a shot. This is so killer."

"Killer" I agreed and raised my drink. They ordered a round of shots, we clinked glasses, all tapped ours to the table for the bartender and then did our shots. "Thanks boys!" I smiled and waved to them as they went back to their pool table. I looked back to the bartender who raised an eyebrow. "What, don't give me that look." I muttered and continued on with my drink.

I took my phone out and texted Pietro. Sorry I forgot to text you three whole minutes ago, don't call in the cavalry. I'm home.

A little voice in the back of my head called me a dirty liar. "Cheers to that." I muttered and took another drink. A different little voice told me if it was Alessio I had texted he would have activated my GPS and showed up minutes later to collect me. Pietro on the other hand was probably just happy as a clam to have even got a text.

I finished my drink, had another, and then decided I was bored and I joined the boys in a game of pool which they thought was soooo killer.