36. A Sunset of Secrets

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Vanessa's voice growled behind me, making me immediately turn myself back at her.

"I saw it." I snapped, my eyes slicing through her angrily.

"Saw what?" She played dumb, her eyes staring back into mine.

"What is going on with you? I saw you spill that drink on her on purpose!" I exclaimed, looking at her in full distaste.

"Oh come on, you need to chill, you're being such a bitch." She replied, her breath smelling of alcohol, intensifying my anger towards her behavior.

"Are you drunk? What the hell is wrong with you? I thought you hated alcohol?" I queried furiously.

"Calm down, you're not my mom!" She murmured with her annoyingly intoxicated voice.

"I'm gonna be honest with you, you are being so pathetic right now, I'm gonna drop you off." I demanded, forcefully grabbing her arm as I catch sight of Xavier running out the hall with a worried look on his face, just until he saw me and Vanessa outside.

"Let go!" She exclaimed, pulling her arm back away from my grasp. "You know what, since we're being honest now, I'll be honest myself."

I stood quiet as my face remained a disgusted facial expression.

"I've never really told anyone this, but you know that rumor somebody started about you?" Her smile turned sinister as I didn't understand what she meant by rumor.

"What rumor?" I queried, my mind pulling off a blank.

"Amphitrite Whore." She whispered, then proceeding into cackling loudly.

"What about it?" My voice beginning to weaken as the memory came back into mind. Vanessa's head came closer to the side of my face, preparing to whisper something.

"I started it." Her voice let out with pride.

I felt my surroundings darken as I my heart tear into pieces. All that suffering, pain, and depression, all caused by someone that I called my sister.

"W-what?" I croaked, my face immediately turning away from her. "What do you mean?" My mood started to feel indescribable, as I tried to convince myself that what I just heard was just nothing but a cruel joke.

"Sorry." She laughed. "Not sorry." She laughed even louder.

I was so shocked that my eyes couldn't even process tears to let out.

My whole body stood so frozen. All the pain, humiliation, depression, and fear I went through over the years all coming back to me at once.

Vanessa looked down at her nails as she talked. "You know, watching everyone turn against someone who's so weak and pathetic was kinda entertaining. I mean like you're literally so weak that you couldn't even pull of your pathetic suicide attempt."

Her words took turns viciously stabbing every part of my body, my fists clenching tighter and tighter together.

My mood was a lot clearer now, and I knew what I was feeling, which was complete anger.

It felt as if something had completely taken over me, my eyes feeling as if they completely blacked out, my body being uncontrollable.

"You bitch!" I screamed loud enough for everyone even inside the banquet hall to hear.

My fist struck her face so fast that it even made me glad that I wasn't the one being punched like that.

"Arielle what the fu-" Her sentence that expressed intense pain was interrupted with multiple punches from me that seemed to never stop.