Chapter 31

Roslyn by Bon Iver & St. Vincent

A reader made a trailer for my story, but I can't get the link to work so go to YouTube and look up 'Alphas Claim' it should be the first to pop up.

Thank you @beaadams for making me the awesome trailer!

Its been a while *sigh* but I have started school and I am a student before anything. I'm so stressed and tired, so this chapter may be a little shorter than usual.

Words cannot describe my dislike for school, buuuut I need to pass because I'm too ugly to find a rich husband... just kidding... well I am ugly but I don't want to depend on someone else.

Does anybody know what they want to do for a living? Or what do you do for a living? I'm just curious, not creepy.

Keep in mind guys, Cara's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ninety-one..

Ninety-two..

Ninety-three..

I carefully counted my steps as I walked heel to toe, north from our border line. Landyn, Ben, Jensen, And Vince were with me.

"Lee," Ben said. My steps stopped, so I wouldn't forget my number. "What number you at?"

I laugh and shake my head. "One hundred and twelve."

"What? I'm in the two hundreds."

I laugh again, this time louder. "This explains why you failed math twice."

He frowns then glares at me. "Maybe you're the one off."

"Ben.. we both know that's not true."

"Shut up," he mumbles.

The other three kept going, so Ben and I decided to trust their counting. We slowly walked behind them, and made sure to stay quiet. My eyes watched the trees as a slight breeze rustled the leaves.

"You excited?"

My eyes wandered to Ben in question.

"To see your family again," he states. Oh...

"No," I reply honestly. "I'm so terrified. I don't know what we're going to see or if they're even alive..." Crossing my arms, I catch Ben's frown. "I should have went back, Ben. While I was busy trying to replace them, they were suffering. I don't know if they'll ever forgive me."

"Stop doing that, Lee."

"Doing what?"

He sighs. "You always try to find the bad in things. Try thinking positive for once. Instead of 'oh, they're probably dead' think 'my family is okay, and they're going to be okay because I'll help them'."

I walked alongside him in silence the rest of the way.

-----------------------------------