An Old Flame

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

The shopping center was packed, but not as packed as it would be on the weekends. Marlena and Bucky had been roaming around the mall for at least an hour and a half attempting to find Bucky some decent clothing to squeeze himself into. He was a fairly difficult person to shop with, or at least in Marlena's opinion he was. It was to be expected, though. Bucky was from the early 1900's, so he wasn't very up-to-date with this century's fashion. It was aggravating for him, but he didn't seem to mind it very much; it was actually helping to restore some of his lost memories.

Since Marlena and Bucky had arrived at the mall, they had been to at least eight different stores, each of them failing to provide Bucky with any sort of interest. The only clothing he grew a liking to was the clothing that most 80-90 year olds wore. Marlena had to constantly remind him that a biologically twenty-eight year old man dressed like that would only draw more attention. She knew he couldn't help it, and she was more than ecstatic that his memories were beginning to make their way back, but she knew that he didn't want anyone to recognize him. People wouldn't even pay attention to him if he were dressed like a normal twenty-first century man.

Marlena stood outside of H&M's dressing rooms, rummaging through items on the clothing rack. After Bucky's many failed attempts at trying to pick out his own clothes, Marlena stepped in to handle the situation herself. She had grabbed quite a bit of clothes from the men's department and shoved him into a fitting room to try them on. He was adamant at first, but after receiving a hard glare from the petite brunette, he wasted no time at all in scurrying into the room to change.

Marlena took a sip of her coffee and continued rummaging through the insane amount of clothes. She soon stumbled upon a plain grey shirt with long sleeves, as well as a black leather jacket, a brown leather jacket, two pairs of jeans, and a black v-neck shirt. She gathered them in her free hand and turned to head into the fitting room area, only to stop when she noticed Bucky walking out. He had an annoyed look on his face, most likely due to what he was wearing. Marlena chuckled at his expression, but averted her attention to his fourth outfit. He didn't look bad at all, at least to her he didn't. He wore a long sleeve shirt with maroon and grey stripes on it, as well as a pair of black jeans and a pair of black boots, very similar to the ones he wore to the mall.

"See? That looks great," Marlena smiled.

He gave her a look. "This is strange," he murmured, looking down at the tag hanging off of his shirt, "and expensive. If I remember correctly, a shirt like this would cost like two dollars back in the nineteen-thirties and forties."

Marlena chuckled and walked towards him. "Yeah, well, the economy is a fickle thing, my friend."

Bucky just scoffed and eyed the clothes in Marlena's hands. "I think I've tried on enough clothes, Mar."

She raised a brow and shoved the clothes into his hands. "No."

"Marlena—"

"Bucky," she mocked, cutting him off and pushing him back towards the fitting room, her coffee still in hand. She ignored the looks she was receiving from the store's customers as she headed into the men's fitting room and looked at Bucky. "Try them on. It won't hurt you."