chapter twenty five

// sorry it's been a while, I was actually having a social life *gasp* and my friend and I became obsessed with free! and watched the whole 2 seasons in two days oops. The picture attached is my drawing of my senpai's from free! Mako and Haru //

phil

Phil freezes.

"I-Shane-I-" Phil stammers, his eyes wide and mind unable to think of the right words to say.

"I killed you Lester," Shane snarls, "I left you bleeding out in an abandoned alleyway."

"Well, there's only one explanation for this Shane, I mean, it's quite obvious," Phil says, regaining his confidence.

The trick, Phil has learnt, is to act like you're on top of everything, act like you know what's going on, like you planned this all along, like you have a trick up your sleeve.

"And what is that Lester?" Shane snarls.

"I'm a ghost," Phil says simply, a smirk playing on his lips even though he feels so scared he wants to scream.

"I'm so sick of your games Lester," Shane snaps, grabbing onto Phil's collar and slamming him against the front wall of a house nearby.

Phil winces in pain as his head makes contact with the brick, but masks the pain with a smirk.

"Getting a bit intimate are we?" Phil asks smoothly, raising an eyebrow at him.

"You are fucking (not ducking :/) annoying, you know that Lester?" Shane says, smirking back, "it's going to be so good to finally get rid of you and your boy toy."

That's when Phil's smile slips, that's when he looses it, grabbing a fistful of the front of Shane's shirt and flipping them around, slamming him against the wall.

"Do. Not. Hurt. Dan," Phil breathes, anger radiating off him.

"Or else what? You're not really in a position to be making threats are you Lester?" Shane says, smirking.

"What are you-"

Phil hears the click of a gun and freezes, looking left straight into the barrel of a shotgun, and he's more surprised when he sees who's holding it.

"Jim! But you're supposed to be-" Phil stammers.

"Jail, I know," he says smugly, "but I managed to get out."

"You're coming with us Lester," Shane says, forcefully pushing Phil off him.

Phil staggers, tripping over his own feet. His breathing is heavy and his heart is thudding against his chest.

"Or what?" Phil asks challengingly.

"Or we'll make sure to put a bullet through Dan's head followed by your own," Shane says with a smirk.

And that's when Phil gives up, slumping his shoulders forward and sighing deeply.

"Why can't you just leave us alone?" Phil asks almost pleadingly, a hint of annoyance also in his tone.