Different Sense: 51

The tour which was meant to be happening just resulted in Lothiriel running here there and everywhere. Thorin had never known Lothiriel to act like an excitable child before. It was odd, odd but not annoying. Her natural inquisitive nature was a refreshing change, it always has been.

“This place is so…so…” Lothiriel rolled her hand trying to think up the right word. She looked up at the high ceilings of one of the many halls. “Eh.”

“This place is so eh. That doesn’t seem to make much sense.” Thorin noted while walking past her.

“I’m at a loss for words, Thorin.” She darted after him, “Can I be truthful? It is not how I imagined it to be.” He looked at her interestedly awaiting her to continue. “I know you dwarves are skilled with mining, blacksmithing, masonry and stonework…but really?” Lothiriel waved her hands at the corridor they were now walking down. The stone pillars which were distanced in the space had intricate patterns carved into them. Thorin found her amazement quiet funny. He’d never really put much thought into an outsider’s point of view of his home before.

“I think you should try and pull yourself out of your shock, especially considering you’re going to stay.”

Lothiriel placed her hands behind her head and looked up at the tall ceiling. She was silent which caused Thorin to look over to her. She was usually quick to answer. There was a thoughtful expression on her face which didn’t sit too well with him. Lothiriel’s thoughts always tended to lead to something, whether he liked that something or not was a completely different thing.

Stopping walking Thorin watched as she turned to a stop too. She ended up standing in front of him, lowering her arms she placed them by her sides. Frowning lightly Thorin looked down at her.

“You are staying, right?” They had already briefly had words about this. Not a proper conversation, just a few choice words. The way Lothiriel was staring off into the distance seemed to signal to him that she had well and truly thought over everything, and that she didn’t wish to stay but to return back to Eryn Vorn.

A slow smile appeared on her face. Lothiriel clapped her hands together and took a step forward. Reaching down she held onto his hands. Running her thumbs over his knuckles she looked up at him, still smiling lightly.

“Have I not already said I would?” She paused. “If I remember rightly I stated that you’d have a hard time getting rid of me.”

Thorin nodded slowly. “I asked because you looked uncertain.”

Lothiriel looked thoughtful again. “I suppose in some ways I am.” Thorin looked down at the ground, he already knew that, she didn’t need to voice it. Lothiriel leant down so she could look at him, he lifted his head up so he no longer stared at the floor. Lothiriel stood back up straight and smiled again.

“My King,” she said, her smile not dropping an inch. “I said to you that I’d follow you into an oblivion, the way I see it; I did.” She was counting Smaug and the battle as the oblivion, Thorin gave a slow thoughtful nod. “I also said I’d follow you to the ends of Middle-Earth, which granted we’ve not really done yet, but I’m sure you plan on doing some travelling, I know I do.” Lothiriel said while shaking her head slowly. She realized she was going off on a small ramble. “You said you’d aid me with my family dilemma. Granted you didn’t exactly play an active role here,” Thorin frowned lightly at her. Giving another smile Lothiriel giggled quietly. “You did let me go to meet them though, you could of said no; but you didn’t. And because of that, I am forever grateful.” Lothiriel sighed. “My uncertainty comes from the fact that there are still people in Eryn Vorn who seem to not wish to come here. I am torn between going to see them, or leaving them to their own devices. They can come if they wish to, me appearing will surely put strain on them.”

“Are they rebuilding it?” Thorin said after a moments silence had past. Lothiriel nodded her head slowly. “Which means they intend to stay.” Thorin continued, Lothiriel looked up at him sadly. “And you intend to return with your family.”

“But you’re as much my family as they are.” Lothiriel whispered sadly.

Although her words caused a content feeling to spread throughout him, Thorin couldn’t ignore the serious moment here. Every species which dwelt in Middle-Earth had a strong hold, a main city from where the King or appointed Lords would rule from.

Much like Erebor was the dwarves, Eryn Vorn was the nymphs. Thorin ran a hand through his hair in thought. Placing a hand on her shoulder he nudged her to continue walking. Lothiriel shuffled sadly along.

“Go to them.” Thorin said, it was painful to say. He didn’t want Lothiriel to leave. Even if he knew she’d return, it still didn’t matter. She looked at him with wide eyes. “I can see you need to return home, if just to see what is happening there. I can also tell that you’ll give those who have taken up residence in the woodlands a chance to go with you and return home.”

“If they do not wish to live in here, I suppose they would much prefer to return back home.” Lothiriel said thoughtfully. She stopped and looked at the large doorway they were now standing in. Blinking slowly she looked up at him. “I’ll be back.”

“I know.”

“I meant it you know; you’d have a hard time getting rid of me.”

Thorin put an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close. She leant her head against his shoulder, which she only just measured to. “Who even mentioned me wanting you to leave?” Lothiriel looked up at him. “I don’t want you to leave.” He said quietly, as if admitting such a thing out loud and if it got heard by a passer-by that it’d end up coming back to him.