Chapter Thirty Seven : Dark Misconceptions

Fantasy Nightmares can haunt both you and your work.

So I had to update real quick.

And check out chapter 35 and 36 if you haven't yet.

[Warning : Grammatical Errors]

****

Karen was so glad to see the handsome prince before her that her heart almost leapt to her mouth.

"Happy birthday, princess." Hugo reached upto her and held her hand to place a kiss.

Karen stood speechless at his touch. She had a sudden urge to hug him tightly but not to forget that she was extremely nervous to make that move.

"May I have this dance." Hugo spoke with his soothing voice and took Karen for the enchanted dance she had been craving for.

They danced along the dance floor as if in their own happy bubble. Karen and Hugo had been having silent connection in between them. They hardly spoke yet they were so close. She always wished that Hugo would ask her out some day. Hugo was shy and smart. He was to be made the King of Irisopia soon once, his father leaves his throne.

He was analytical when it came to plannings and battle and thus one of the good friends of Henry.

Karen was delighted to find him present on her special day. It was all a surprise. Even Amelia and King Lucas were there. Hence, she realized that they were all the part of the big plan.

Every one was in a merry mood and so was Nigel who had his eyes occupied for the chestnut haired girl.

He had revieved the information that her father was one of ministers of Krestochia who dealt with financial matters. He had an only and beloved daughter named Fiona who lived in Vamparia along with her mother. Her mother was a medic and worked in the palace's infirmary. Fiona would occasionally come at her help and Nigel found it very amusing that he hadn't come across her yet.

'That's because you were always busy with different women.' A voice echoed in his head but he irritatingly shrugged it off.

'Past is past. We talk about future.' He told himself before excusing his presence among the guests who spoke to him. He strode ahead to retrieve a glass of blood wine, still thinking about her when he faced a light head on collision with someone.

He heard the person fall on her rear and he rubbed his forehead before getting a clear view of the person who dared to collide with him.

"I am sorry." She spoke before looking up at him.

"Oh my! I am sorry, your grace." Nigel saw that it was Fiona who had collided with him and the wine had spilled on her silk dress. He quickly helped her get up and apologized which he rarely did.

"It was my fault. I didn't see you." Nigel grinned goofily at her but saw her pout at her dress.

"Ah, I forgot." He called for the maids to take her to one of the guest rooms and change her into something clean even though she said it wasn't needed but Nigel, the way he was didn't listen to a word she said.

Among the guests who enjoyed, chatted and got along, there stood the heart broken man who didn't quite expect the raven haired girl to be wife of the sole person he disliked.

He shouldn't have fallen for her but he couldn't control his feelings. He was such a stupid man to fall for the forbidden rose of Vamparia, Rose Nicolov. Wife of the blood thirsty and merciless vampire king, Henry.

Byron mindlessly grabbed another glass of wine and gulped it down. "That's too much of it, sir." The servant who served him the seventh glass said with a worried look.