Chapter 40

I really recommend you play the song above while reading!!  Song: "Down" by Jason Walker

"Because most of all, you scare me because of how I am completely and utterly in love with you."

Peter Pan's POV

My breath was caught.  Her eyes said it all.  Amanda really had no idea how I felt about her.  She knew that I loved her, just by saying those three glorious words last night.  But really, anyone can simply say 'I love you'.  Today, I proved that what I said weren't just pointless words, but that they were something more.  That she was something more.  She made Neverland feel complete.  I knew something in Neverland was missing; I just never guessed that it would be her.

This weird, yet warm feeling had spread inside my chest by the second. 

Amanda stood up from the couch, not breaking eye contact with me.  As she carefully approaches me step by step, the feeling inside my chest almost becomes indescribable.  Soon, I lean into her, captivated by the closeness of our bodies. 

"I. meant. every. word." I slowly whisper into her ear, feeling her rapid heartbeat against my chest.  "I may not have been trust worthy in the past, but do you believe me?"

Her lips create a sweet smile, elating me. 

"I've always believed in you, Peter Pan."

Amanda leans in more for a hug, but instead, I pull her in for a kiss.  I had such an urge to kiss her, so I did.  When I reached for her soft lips, I was consumed with nothing but passion and desire.  It felt just as good as the first time I kissed her in the woods.  The sensation made my body tingle, even if the kiss didn't last very long.

"Ewwwww." The young lost boy, Will, cried out.

Amanda only chuckled by Will's comment.  Moments later, Amanda was heading towards Will, kneeling down to meet his height.

"It may seem gross now, but once you find someone you love, kissing won't seem disgusting anymore." Amanda said wholeheartedly to the boy, her smile not escaping.  Then, placing a kiss on Will's forehead.

"Does that mean you love me?  Since you kissed my head?" Will asked, making the crowd giggle from his typical, amusing questions.

"Of course I love you buddy." Amanda said, ruffling Will's hair.  Her gaze then made it to the whole crowd, which included all the lost boys and her parents. 

"I love all you guys."

~~~

"I think it's time I taught you all how to fly."

It was almost time for the sun to set.  The sky was filled with a combination of pinks and yellows.  I could tell the sunset would be beautiful, but what wasn't so beautiful was the thought of Amanda leaving.

The plan for Amanda's leaving is to have it held at the Mermaid Lagoon.  No mermaids would dare to disturb and the location was perfect for the event.  For Amanda to arrive in the real world, she would need to get through a portal.  The only way I can create create a portal is with the use of water.  Also, the far location gives me chance to finally teach Amanda how to fly.

To teach everyone how to fly.

"You think I can do it?" Amanda asked, clearly a bit anxious about the idea of flying.

"Of course.  Anyone can have the ability to fly in Neverland." I answered, as I took out my small pouch.

"What's the secret to flying?" My fellow lost boy, Felix, inquired.