~*~ Death and all his friends ~*~

England- 1127

Liza’s POV

We were now living as a unit, rather happily I think. Rebekah was still quite annoyed about me living with them but I think Niklaus had begun to enjoy my company. He seemed to frown at everything everyone did so I don’t think he hated me like I did before. He was also mean and heartless towards everyone including me so I wasn’t special in this situation.

Elijah and Kol were the same to me, they cared about my wellbeing and they were kind towards me most of the time. That’s why they were the two that were mainly against my supposed marriage. I didn’t like the idea of it. Would you want to marry a stranger?

All I know is his name is called Oliver and he is from a noble family. Elijah wasn’t too impressed in letting me go marry him but it was seen as something they expected to happen. I was late to get married at eighteen but I didn’t want to, not at all.

If I married this man it meant I wouldn’t see my family ever. It was just how it was I would be owned but my husband who wouldn’t allow me to do anything other than stay at home and have children.

I didn’t want a life like that.

I stomped down the hallway to find the four vampires sat around the room. They all stopped talking as I walked through the door.

“I’m so sorry Elis-“Elijah started.

“So there isn’t anything you can do to stop this wedding. I don’t want to marry a man I don’t know,” I whispered.

“I know Liza but it is expected of you to get married,” He sighed.

I could see the pained look in his eye as he thought about me leaving him. I didn’t want to leave, not at all, I love them.

“It’s not fair,” I shouted turning my back on them.

I don’t know why I was being harsh towards them; it wasn’t exactly their fault I was being forced into this terrible predicament. They had no control over how a woman was supposedly rightfully treated in this day and age. It was wrong that I was a lower class to the man I should be married too. He obviously wanted to marry me; if he didn’t this wedding wouldn’t be happening.

Walking further away from the place I called home, I attempted to not look back. It would only make me want to return there and I couldn’t do that, not if it meant leaving them in such a short time.

Once I was sure I had reached a good depth of the forest I fell to the ground allowing my tears to flow freely. I was more than scared I was petrified. I had already lost my true family and they had nicely enough taken me in and I was going to lose them. I don’t know whether I’d be able to survive it.

My once clean dress was now covered in dirt and grass stains from me sitting on the floor but to be honest I didn’t mind. It was only a dress and Elijah was wealthy enough to not be bothered if I ruined one. Just he might now; I had probably made them all angry from shouting at them and running from them.

Each sob was making the tears turn into hysterics. I was slowly becoming unable to breath properly with the way my tears flowed. The guilt was terrible and I had nothing to make it go away. I had just walked out on the only people that cared or at least put up with me to the extent they seemed they cared once in a while.

My knees curled up to my chest as I hugged them to me, not only for comfort but for warmth. The warm day was slowly turning into the chilly night. Everything around me was darker than it was when I got here, which made me question how long I had been sitting her in my pit of despair.