~*~ Bunny Diet ~*~

Mystic Falls- 1870

Liza’s POV

For years I had been trying to find myself. I know that sounds cheesy but we had been travelling around Europe and now we had gone to America. They had all dispersed across the country taking a state and spending our time there. I had chosen Virginia, I don’t know why though.

For about a year, I’ve been aimlessly going around town to town killing humans and happily being the vampire I am. Overall I had killed of a good percentage of the Virginian population.

Before I would have probably thought it was a cruel thing to do. Now though, it was natural, I had nothing else in this world my vampire powers would be good for. I just knew I should use what I had in any way I wanted.

Now I was travelling from Richmond to a small town called Mystic Falls. Someone told me to go there as vampires were one of the largest populations in this town. Luckily I was going to go there for a while at least.

As I entered I knew something wasn’t right. Obviously my sources forgot to tell me that all the vampires in this town were killed a few years back. Twenty six vampires burned in a church, highly over dramatic but also meant they wouldn’t expect another vampire coming along now.

Also no one told me Mystic Falls was being used to nurse the sick soldiers, sadly a lot died but it meant a lot could be killed and no one would suspect a vampire being there.

I walked over to the medical tents that lined the pavements. Entering one I saw no medical staff just un-conscious people, some asleep some nearly dead. Smirking I knew I would be able to get a lot of blood and no one would suspect me.

Slowly I walked over to one of the men who looked almost dead. Leaning over him I tilted his head so I could reach his neck. Quickly I bit down drinking his blood until he died.

The feeling of being watched came over me making me turn around quickly. A blond woman who looked a bit older than my physical age stood in the tent’s entrance. She had a small smile on her face.

“You aren’t a very careful vampire are you?” She chuckled.

“What do you know about vampires?” I hissed ready to kill her.

“I am one; obviously you’re new to this if you aren’t careful with where you kill,” She sighed.

“I’m not new to this I’ve been a vampire for over 700 years old, how old are you, I presume you’re younger than me,” I frowned.

“I’m only just over 200 years old but really you seem rather careless,” She stated.

Laughing at this she just gave me an odd look. I smiled before responding.

“I can be careless. I have the most powerful vampires, the first vampires looking out for me. If I get in trouble they will kill anyone who’s causing me trouble and I’m quite powerful myself,” I shrugged.

“I’m Alexia Branson by the way, but call me Lexi. I rather we didn’t argue, you seem like a rather normal vampire although you did threaten me,” She chuckled.

“Well, I’m Elisabetta Valentino but call me Liza,” I smiled back.

A look of recognition came over her face before she smiled at me.

“Did you by any chance know a woman called Rose-Marie? Did you turn her?” She questioned.

“I did, how did you know?” I frowned as the memories of Rose and Trevor came back.

“She is one of my friends. Well she was but she’s running. She mentioned you,” She shrugged.

I turned away from the man I had just killed walking out of the tent as Lexi followed me. She seemed nice enough for a vampire I had only just met.