~*~ The Ball ~*~

Liza’s POV

I don’t know why I was here but, I had spent so much time everywhere else, it had probably changed by now right? Wrong, everything seemed more time efficient but it was still boring and dismal.

It had been long over one hundred years since I was last here in Virginia but it was still a horrible place and I didn’t know why I decided to come back here.

For the last fifty years I had been living on my own not with Niklaus or Elijah. Rebekah was (I think) still in her coffin with a dagger in her chest whilst Kol was God knows where. Niklaus had been wreaking havoc on the world whilst Elijah was probably cleaning up his mess behind him.

I on the other hand had gone around America and Canada just travelling and embracing my eternity of boredom. And it was so far boring. I could have thought of thousands of different ways I would have wanted to live if I was immortal and I hadn’t fulfilled them.

It was horrible being forever eighteen and never being in love. I guess I had loved my true love isn’t true unless it is returned. So I was lonely, I guess. Although I had Elijah I had lost Kol and now Niklaus didn’t want anything to do with me. Even Rebekah wasn’t there and I was sad about that.

So since the 1960’s I went on my own, I think once or twice I may have met up with Elijah but that didn’t last longer than a day.

At the moment I was in Virginia (as I have mentioned) sitting in a small café that was probably the nicest looking thing I had come across. Out of all the states this was probably my least favourite, maybe because of my past with Lexi and Stefan, but I’m not too sure as to why I hate the state so much.

I sipped on my coffee whilst playing temple run on my I-Phone. The technology that had come to this world since I was a child was amazing. I was surprised how the world had developed since the 12th century.

Suddenly my phone began to play Lawson’s ‘Broken hearted’. Looking at the contact it was un-known and I personally didn’t know the number.

I clicked the green button before pulling my phone to my ear.

“Hello Liza Valentine at your service,” I chuckled.

I had always been called Liza but having the last name Valentino made me stand out so I changed it to Valentine seen as it was a holiday here. As well as a popular last name.

“Hello darling how are you?” I heard the familiar British accent.

“Kol?” I gasped, “Where have you been?”

“Nik decided he was annoyed with me and daggered me. You know what that means right?” he questioned.

“Yes, Rebekah was daggered by Nik in the 20’s,” I explained, “Where are you now?”

“I’m in that quaint town Mystic Falls you know the one you visited a long time ago,” He chuckled.

“Of course,” I smiled walking over to the till and paying for the coffee I had just drunk.

I got my change from the woman working behind the counter before walking out of the small coffee shop.

“Please come back, there’s a ball this evening. Phone me when you get to town and I’ll give you the address. Make sure you dress pretty,” I could hear the smirk in his voice as he gave me no option to go to this ball or not.

“Okay, I’ll be there by this evening, I need to get a dress before I come to the ball though,” I explained.

“Well I’ll see you then darling,” He stated before hanging up.