XXV¤ Trust

If y'all were wondering, this is what their tents look like. That one up top in particular is what the soldiers would sleep in just with more beds. The generals and everyone higher than the soldiers get individual ones.

XXV

I sit up and look down at Dante and then at my body. I wince at the bruises that haven't yet faded. My back and my body is in pain.

I sigh and leave the bed, making sure to not wake up Dante in the process. I make my way to the bath and I let the water fall on to my body. I don't understand how a simple tent can have running water in it. Whatever technology they use I'm impressed by it, greatly.

The heat of the water relaxes my body and for a long time I just stand there.

"Christopher!" I get out quickly and put on some random pants.

"Yes?" I ask him. I glance over to Dante still sleeping.

"It's about time you tell me, everything. "

I nod and walk up to him. I grab his neck and pull him down so our foreheads touch. I close my eyes and nothing.

Nothing?

"What are you doing?" He asks me.

"Apparently I don't have my abilities." I sigh, "well this is what happened..."

I explain to him everything from the second I found out what had happened to Dante till now. He seemed shocked and upset.

"Why didn't you tell me anything? I could have helped you." He frowns.

"I'm sorry, I didn't consider anyone's help."

"And Nathaniel?"

"What about him?" I ask.

"You asked for his help."

"No I didn't. I told him to lend me his witches." I explain.

"Why not tell me? I have witches and you knew that."

"I didn't think about that." He gives me this look and I glare. "What are you insinuating Merek?"

"You want to know what I think?"

"Please, enlighten me." I hold my glare.

"You love Dante but your confused about Nathan. You purposefully went to Nathan. Why? Because you wanted to see him again. Whoever he was, he was important to you. You can't help giving that up." I glance down at a still sleeping Dante.

(Just cuz, there's Merek^)

"We do have history but it's all in the past. And you're right, I love Dante and only Dante." I put on a random shirt, too big for my small frame. "You have a war you have to get back to, you should go. And send a vampire to get me new armor."