Chapter 11

Two months had gone by since I had landed in Sydney. Two months of a countless amount of dates with Ashton and 'Only of you's every night.

We hadn't made any official "boyfriend, girlfriend" labels, but throughout the time, we grew to enjoy each other's company with each passing day the more we got to know each other. As long as we were in one another's arms, we were happy. We hadn't kissed yet and I didn't know if anything could be better than his hugs.

One day, Mary-Lynn admired us sitting on the couch, watching cheesy chick-flicks and said, "You guys are really inseparable," and it was true. Ashton had picked me up for school and drove me home everyday and had dinner with me and the Breyers, or I would have dinner with him and his family or just the two of us would go out for the past month and a half.

I remember I was just about to walk to the bus stop when he had texted me.

*September 15*

From: Ashton Irwin x @6:33 AM
Come outside :D

I was already walking out the door when I read it. I looked up and saw him leaning on the side of his candy-red Chevy, big grin on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked smiling at him, walking into his open arms to feel the comfort of his strong, warm hug.

"We are going to school. No more bus for you, that thing puts everyone in a pissed mood." I laughed because it really did. After Caleb and I had that argument, he had been avoiding me. He would either get a ride from either Jane or Dani and when he was at the bus stop, he would keep his distance and choose the farthest seat from me. It was clear he was still annoyed with me and I was still pissed at him so starting with that almost everyday didn't put me in the best mood for school.

Caleb had also been sitting with some girl instead of me in the bio class we had together. The non-stop flirting between them was nauseating so I just sat there and tried to block out her high pitch, squeaky laugh. I knew exactly what he was doing though and that she wasn't the only one he was flirting with. He always went for the prettiest girls and after days of flirting and getting their hopes up, he'll go for the one that's more interested in his body and would want to have some fun with him. 

--------------

*October 28*

It was Friday morning and I woke up at six to Mary-Lynn softly knocking on my door.

"Happy birthday, Juliette!" she said softly. She and I had also become close in the past two months. I told her all about Ashton and she said she'd always adored him and that he came from a good family.

"Thank you," I muffled out from the pillow which incased my head. Oh, God my birthday. I had been completely avoiding the subject with Ashton, hoping he wouldn't remember it from the interview we had to do on the first day.

Mary-Lynn sat at the end of the bed by my feet. I sat up and saw her holding out a little envelope to me.

"What's this?" I asked, slowly taking it from her.

"Cas and I thought we'd do something special. We love having you here and it's great seeing what it's like to have a kid around the house," she smiled her pearly white smile.

"Oh, thank you. You didn't have to do that," I said and I opened it up. Inside were two tickets to the Sydney Opera house, one of the only places I had been wanting to go to during my stay in Sydney. "Mary-Lynn, that's too kind. Oh my, God, thank you!" I got out of the tangled up blankets to give her a hug.

"They're for some acrobat show. Cas and I saw them a few years back and it's truly a beautiful show. It's classy though, so you'll need to really dress up. Make you tell Ashton that."