Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I huddle around the stage standing next to Chloe and Lilly. We are all dressed in white puffy dresses that reach our knees and white high heels that I can barely walk in. I reach for Chloe’s hand feeling absolutely terrified that I could be eliminated because I have been punished the most out of all the girls.

The guards as I now call them make their way into the room all together I have counted 26 of them including Cruz and Frank his two trusted pals.

Carver walks into the room and makes his way onto the stage and over to the micro phone.

“Good morning Ladies”

“Good morning Carver”

“This week has been good for some of you and for others a horrible battle let’s review. Challenge 1 make me a meal the best one was Chloe’s, challenge two please me that goes to Dakota, challenge three seduce me that goes to Ava and finally challenge four undergoing two days of emotional and mental torture and that goes to Dakota also...so without a doubt Dakota has won the reward this week”

I look around the room Chloe is smiling at me and Amelia and Ava are glaring at me. I avoid their hateful gaze and look back up onto the stage. Carver looks straight at me but a smile doesn’t reach his face instead a cold look of anger.

“Now onto the thick of things....today will be the first elimination and as you know we have an imposter in our midst this week you each carried out a paternity test and I have the results right here...but to keep you in suspense I will introduce you to the rest of the gang”

“There’s so many of them” Chloe whispers into my ear and I nod at her

“You already know a few....this is Rick, Oscar, Max, Cole, Lucien, Jared, Bruce, Karl, Seth, Sim, Gart, Parlo, Howard, Noba, Theo, Tariq and Remy...warning ladies don’t cross Seth when I’m not around”

“Now for the results would Amelia, Eve and Jessica come up here”

I watch as they climb the stage and stand beside Carver in a line.

“Remove your shoes” Carver commands and they instantly do what he says out of fear.

Once they have removed their shoes Carver nods his head a Cruz and Frank and they join him on the stage.

“The imposter is one of these three girls........Amelia..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................you are carrying my baby and you’re safe for now, lift your shoes and join the others”

Amelia quickly grabs her shoes and runs down the stairs over to Sophia.

“Eve would you like to tell everyone why you are carrying another man’s baby? ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ sorry I’m just messing with you Eve you’re carrying my baby, get your shoes and join the others”

 Eve does the same and quickly flees down the steps joining us.

“Indeed ladies the imposter is someone who we would have never thought of in a million years....so now we have established that Jessica Manvel is the imposter we will give her a chance to speak and a chance for her to beg me to be merciful....so Jessica tell us how are you not carrying my baby?”

“I.....It was at the party.....after.....you raped me I went into a bedroom to get cleaned up....only I didn’t realise there was a guy in there already....he raped me....I was raped twice in one night” Jessica cries

“Do you expect me to feel sorry for Jessica? You lied to me you lied to all of us? You were done twice do you really think I care? No I don’t......you will have no mercy”

He comes over to her and punches her full blow on the stomach not caring about the little life that’s growing inside of her. Carver nods at Cruz and Frank and in seconds they are restraining her. Carver starts to rip the dress from her not caring if it’s ripped to shreds or not. He then he reaches into his pocket and takes out a knife. Jessica thrashes around trying to get out of Cruz and Frank’s hold, Carver brings the blade to her throat.

“Do you have any last words Jessica?”

She looks up at him “You will go to hell for what you have done”

“Oh Jessica I already know where I’m going”

In one swift motion the knife flicks over her throat, Jessica cries out and just when I think he’s done he brings the knife over her stomach and stabs it into her. I close my eyes the only thing I can hear is Jessica’s screams and then nothing. Someone pries my eyes open and I nearly jump when I see Seth looming over me.

“The first elimination Jessica the imposter......you can stay here ladies or you can go to your room, your choice”

Cruz and Frank put a white sheet over Jessica’s body and one by one the gang leaves the room.

Carver turns to me as he’s going out the door “I’ll come get you later for your reward”

Ava, Amelia and Sophia leave the room followed by Lilly and Olivia, leaving me Chloe, Eve and Ruby.

“We should give her a funeral...our own version of a funeral” I pick up a white flower that has fallen off her dress and put it on the white sheet covering her dead body.

“When you feel like you're ready to go somewhere you've never been Make a wish and the dream in you grows Shinning as bright as them carrying you far away

The story begins with the light in your heart A fantasy dream and a spark Once you believe you are ready to shine The princess inside you will show You are the glow, you are the glow Look around take in all that you see   You just might be surprised A world of enchantment and pure majesty  You'll be discovering The princess that you're meant to be The story begins with the light in your heart  A fantasy dream and a spark Once you believe you are ready to shine Bright as the world's ever known You are the glow Feel your strength, you can face the world Believe every day, everything is possible A magical journey awaits The story begins with the light in your heart  A fantasy dream and a spark Once you believe you are ready to shine  The princess inside you will show You are the glow, you are the glow, Whoa, you are the glow”

I would have sung something different but Seth was lingering outside the door, after we leave and go to our room where we find Ava and Amelia gossiping and Lilly sitting reading a magazine.

Later on Carver comes to fetch me for my reward which turns out to be a movie and pop corn to my relief. The only thing that I wasn’t happy about was that Carver made me sit on his lap and I had to let his hands wonder to their own accord. The movie was that boring I ended up falling asleep in Carver’s arms.