Part 1

"You smiled to me and I thought: Damn, I'm fucking in love with you."

Camila slammed her locker shut and rested her forehead against it. She shut her eyes and took a sharp inhale. She hated Mondays. Particularly this one.

"Cabello, are you okay?" A low concerned voice sang.

"I'm fine, Lauren." Camila gritted through her teeth trying to push her teammate away.

"You don't look fine." Lauren argued.

"I said I'm fine!" Camila hissed whipping her head to face the dark haired girl, who seemed totally unfazed by her reaction. She rolled her eyes in annoyance when Lauren held her ground before clutching her book tighter and storming off.

The green-eyed girl watched Camila zoom past her until the petite brunette disappeared in the sea of bodies occupying the busy hallway. She brought a hand up to scratch the top of her head and asked herself why she put up with that girl.

"Lo, what you staring at?" A sweet voice chirped beside Lauren, snapping her out of her trance. She turned her head and found a tall Polynesian beaming at her.

"Dinah. Hey, I was just checking on Cabello. That's all." Lauren answered nonchalantly.

"It's Monday, Lolo." Dinah shot her friend a knowing look. "And not just any Monday. This Monday."

"I know, DJ. I know." Lauren sighed in defeat.

-

"I hate Mondays." Camila spat, dropping her duffle bag on the hardwood floor in the gymnasium. She slumped down and pulled up her kneepads out of her bag, ready for practice.

"Yeah. You say that every time, Cabello." Lauren chuckled as she tied her shoelaces tightly.

"There's nothing good about them." Camila retorted. "They make me sick."

"What's so bad about them?" Lauren queried, tilting her head to the side genuinely curious on why the brunette hated the day so much.

"I don't know. It's like the beginning of the week and the end of the weekend. It's the slowest day and the gloomiest. Plus, they're boring." Camila shook her head. "I hate Mondays."

"I like Mondays." Lauren shrugged as she locked eyes with her teammate. A small smile formed on her lips. "It's a start of the week. Another five days to spend more time with you."

"Fuck off, Jauregui." Camila scoffed, shaking her head and dismissing the comment as a joke. She had grown accustomed to the green-eyed girl's flirtatious remarks, but it never failed to make her blush.

"Do I see Ms. Cabello blushing?" Lauren teased, poking the girl's side. Camila glared at the black haired beauty and swatted the girl's hand away.

"In your dreams." Camila snorted as she walked away from Lauren and made her way to the ball cart. She grabbed a volleyball and started to dribble it like basketball while Lauren admired her from a far. She turned her attention to the green-eyed girl and lifted an eyebrow. "C'mon, Jauregui. Practice makes perfect and we all know you ain't perfect."

Lauren rolled her eyes playfully and strolled over to where the shorter girl has migrated. "I am perfect but not as perfect as you, babe."

"Cut the bullshit, Laur. Let's play." Camila huffed, tossing the ball up towards Lauren. The other girl placed both her arms out flatly to form a platform and waited for the ball to make contact. It landed perfectly on her arms and bounced back up flying over to Camila, who easily bumped it back to Lauren. It went back and forth until everyone on the team had warmed up then practice began.