Part 4

"My heart is so tired."

After practice Camila waved goodbye to her teammates. She was meeting Ariana by her car for their ritual Friday dinner. It was their thing. As she passed through the front door she realized that she forgot her homework in her locker. She peeked out to the parking lot to check if her girlfriend was already there waiting. Ariana hated waiting. When she saw no sign of the girl she decided to run to her locker quickly to retrieve the assignment.

Camila wore a smile on her face just thinking about the dinner with Ariana. The couple hasn't been getting along lately to the point where Camila had thought about the possibility of the other girl cheating on her. She shrugged it off and believed that Ariana would never do that to her.

"Come over..." Camila heard muffled voices as she rounded the corner to her locker.

"I can't. I have to go to dinner with my girlfriend." A soft murmur responded. The volleyball player froze in her tracks when she recognized that voice. She pressed her body against the wall and craned her head to inspect the voices. Camila clenched her jaw when she saw her girlfriend pinned on the wall her legs wrapped around another girl, which she identified to be Celine.

Celine was an upperclassman that played soccer for their school. Camila knew this because she had heard the girl's name in the morning announcements as the MVP of most games. She had also seen Ariana and the cheerleaders hang around with her during school hours. She turned her head quickly and settled on eavesdropping.

"Camilla?" Celine snorted.

"CaMeeLa." Ariana shook her head in disapproval. "She's probably waiting for me right now."

"Good. Make her wait." Camila choked on her own spit as she tried to hold down a sob. She wanted to stay strong but her tear streaked face would beg the differ.

"I have to go..." Ariana whined.

"No." The soccer player said firmly. There was silence in the air followed by a series of sloppy kiss noises and heavy moans. Camila couldn't bear to hear anymore and established that her homework was not so important anymore.

-

"Babe, are you listening to me?" Ariana waved her hand in front of her girlfriend, who had seemed to zone out. Camila lifted her gaze to meet the cheerleader's. "I said I'm going to have to cancel tonight's dinner plans. I know it's kind off our thing but I am so swamped with-"

"That's fine. You don't have to explain." Camila interrupted flashing a small smile at the girl. Ariana grinned widely and pecked her cheek, mumbling 'i love you' before turning back to talk to her friend in their table. The volleyball player bowed her head and played with her fries.

Friday dinners weren't their thing anymore, every since the day she had witnessed her girlfriend kiss another during sophomore year. Either Camila or Ariana would make up an excuse to skip the day. She didn't know if Ariana still saw Celine since she graduated last year but she was sure that her girlfriend was not doing whatever she says she is.

"WALZ!" Dinah shouted from across the lunch hall, catching Camila's attention. "COME SIT WITH US!"

Camila turned to Ariana for approval that happily nodded and encouraged the girl to go. She gave her a chaste kiss on the lips before picking her tray up and walking over to her team.

"About time." Normani muttered under her breath as Camila planted herself on the seat next to her. "We were getting worried. Thought you abandoned us, Captain."