Part 5

"The most fucked up thing the universe can do to a person is send them the love of their life at the wrong time."

Instead of going to Normani's house, Lauren decided that it'd be best to keep Camila company. She didn't want to leave the girl in that state all alone. It wasn't right.

"Lauren, I'm fine." Camila sighed as she entered her house. She dropped her keys on that table and turned to face the pale girl.

"We've been through this, Camila." Lauren replied sternly, folding her arms across her chest. "I'm staying."

"This isn't the first time you know." The other girl huffed. Lauren took a large breath in and out.

"I can't leave you alone, Camz." She said softer. "Saying that alone doesn't make it okay."

"I can handle it. I'm a big girl." Camila retorted stubbornly.

"But I can't!" Lauren remarked. "I can't, Camila. Me. I can't leave you alone knowing that you're hurting. You're hurting! And I don't know..." She closed her eyes briefly before meeting Camila's broken brown eyes. "I don't know how to make it better." She choked.

"You don't need to fix me, La-" The brown-eyed girl tried to protest.

"I'm not trying to fix you, Camz. I just want you to feel better." Lauren jumped in. "Please. Let me."

Camila stared at her teammate for a moment. She saw sincerity through Lauren's eyes. It still amazed her how the girl in front of her would go to the ends of the world just to make her happy, even if she kept pushing her away.

"Okay." She muttered under her breath. "You can stay."

-

"Lauren, how are you going to tell me that you aren't going to your own party?" The green-eyed girl cowered as she heard her best friend hiss through the phone.

"I know. I know. But something came up, Mani." Lauren tried to explain.

"Is this something more important than your party?" Normani challenged. "Lo, you got accepted to Stanford!"

"I know."

"Not only that! They asked you to play for them, Lo. They are like one of the top volleyball teams in the country. We need to celebrate."

"Can't we celebrate another day or something?"

There was a slight pause followed by a loud groan. "Are you serious?"

"Please, Manibear. I really need to do this."

"Fine." Normani agreed. "Did you tell Mila yet? She's going to be so stoked for you."

"I didn't." Lauren bit her nail nervously as she clutched the phone tighter. "I'm waiting until she hears back from the college."

"Oh."

"Yeah..." She opened the bathroom door slightly and searched for the doe eyed girl. She found Camila sprawled in her bad with headphones on staring blankly at her textbook. She leaned her head against the doorframe and sighed. "To be honest, I don't know how to tell her."

"Lo you're going to have to tell her even if she doesn't get it. What's it going to be sooner or later? I would prefer sooner... like you know before we graduate." Normani consulted.

"I guess. It's just that she's dealing with a lot right now..."

"What are you talking about?"