Part 8

"Jealousy; resentment felt for someone else's success or possessions."

Camila gripped the wheel tighter while Lauren braced herself by holding onto the handle above her seat.

"Clutch, clutch! Switch gear!" Dinah screamed from behind in a mischievous tone.

"Dinah! I'm driving an automatic not a manual. There is NO clutch!" Camila yelled back, her eyes wide open filled with fear and knuckles white from her rigid hold. It was her first time learning how to drive. She asked Ariana to teach her but the cheerleader refused to get in the car, terrified that Camila might get in an accident with her. So she sought for Lauren, who happily agreed.

The green-eyed girl had already gotten her license the summer before during the time that Camila chose to spend hers watching Netflix all day. Lauren didn't hesitate to say yes when her teammate asked her, along with Dinah Jane who wanted to join the ride to pick on the brunette.

"Oh my god, oh my god. I'm going to hit something." Camila chanted anxiously.

"Camz, we're not moving yet..." Lauren pointed out at which Dinah erupted in laughter. The brown-eyed girl glared at the tall girl through the rearview mirror.

"Dinah, I hate you." She muttered.

"Walz, will you relax and turn on the ignition. Damn we've been sitting in your garage for like an hour now." Dinah complained.

"It's been five minutes." Lauren chuckled. She turned her head to face Camila. "Take a deep breath, babe. Just relax and ignore Dinah."

"Hey!" The Polynesian protested.

Camila took a big inhale and breathed it out.

"Good, Camzi. Now turn on the ignition." She did as Lauren said and twisted the key starting up the engine. "Foot on the brake, then liberate the parking brake." Her right foot pushed down on the brake before she pulled up a lever to release the parking break. The car shifted slightly resulting Camila to panic.

"Aggghhhhhh." The brown-eyed girl squealed. Lauren let out a husky laugh accompanied by Dinah's giggles. Her cheeks heated up from embarrassment. "Guysssss, stop making fun of me." She whined.

"Mila, calm the fuck down!" Dinah jeered. "Grow some balls and drive!"

"Don't listen to Dinah. Listen to me. Okay?" Lauren waved off the Polynesian's comment. She extended her arm out and placed a hand below the girl's chin to turn Camila's face towards her. The pair locked eyes. "My voice, remember. I promise we'll get through this... together."

Camila nodded and hummed in agreement. "Okay."

"I'm going to barf." The girl in the backseat uttered as she watched the duo exchange looks. Lauren discretely raised her right hand up and flipped Dinah off. Her teammate gasped in offense and pinched the back of the pale girl's neck.

"Fuck Dinah!" Lauren cursed, craning her head to be met with a smirking Polynesian. She reached over and slapped the girl's leg but Dinah quickly dodged it.

"Children!" Camila exasperated. "Can we please focus?"

"She started it!" Dinah accused.

"I did not!" The green-eyed girl huffed. She faced forward and folded her arms across her chest. "Let's just go. Shift the transmission to drive and let go of the break slowly." She mumbled with a frown.

"YOU SEE WHAT YOU DO DINAH! YOU BROKE MY INSTRUCTOR!" Camila scolded, shooting daggers to the Polynesian's direction.

"I didn't do shit." Dinah defended raising her hands up and looking the other way.