Chapter 7: When It All Falls Down

Caya, Tahj, Kali & CJ in the mm. 

Chapter 7: When It All Falls Down

Ivy

I had just placed Amir in his crib when I heard the front door open. For some reason my palms became sweaty and her heart rate increased. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself and stepped out into the hallway. I could hear Kellen's footsteps making their way up the stairs and my nerves increased.

I know I'd told Caya that I was going to wait until tomorrow, but the guilt was eating me alive. I was going to spill my guts the moment his face came into view. I inhaled sharply as I saw his foot touch the last step. His body came into full view, and I exhaled.

"We need to talk," we both said at the same time.

This caused me to get on edge. What did he need to talk to me about? Had Natalie gone back on her word and talked to Kellen before I had the chance to. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if she did. Hell, that's why I planned to tell him anyway; you couldn't put anything past someone that is related to Nami.

Kellen motioned for me to follow him into our bedroom, and I reluctantly trailed behind him. As soon as I made it through the threshold, he slammed the door.

"Do you kill Nami?!" he asked, well more so shouted. I swear in that very instant my heart stopped beating.

She told him.

"Baby," I took a step toward him, causing him to take one back. "Please let me explain."

He shook his head angrily.

"Answer the question."

I slowly nodded my head. "I was an accomplice." He scoffed and turned away from me, causing me to run up and spin him around.

"Please hear me out Kellen," I pleaded. He held up his hands in surrender. "It was an accident! I swear it was. Caya and I stupidly went over to her house to let out some pent up frustrations and Caya took it too far. She started beating her with the lamp and next thing I know she's dead." I explained as tears started to fall from my eyes.

"I'm so sorry Kellen, but it was an accident. You have to believe me."

He sat down on the bed with his hands between his head.

"I had to hear that shit from two other people before you Ivy. You know how f*cking stupid that makes me look?" he shouted.

I jumped and nodded. "Yes, I know but I planned on telling you today."

"You had six gotdamn months to tell me Ivanna!" he shouted once more. "Six whole f*cking months and you didn't even breath a word to me. Six whole months your ass sat up here playing mama to my son and it was your f*cked up ass who killed his birth mother in the first place."

I covered my face as my body shook with tears. I know how wrong all of this was. There wasn't a day that passed by that I didn't think about how wrong all of this was, but I loved Amir with my whole heart.

"You know how damn stupid I looked out here? I'm looking over my shoulder, got niggas ears to the streets, calling in favors looking for the one motherf*cker that's been under my nose the whole time. I'm out here think someone out here plotting on me, not f*cking knowing I'm sleeping with 'em." He stood up from the bed and knocked over the side table next to the bed.

"You played me Ivy. You lied to me for so damn long. You knew I was keeping you and Amir in the house cause I wanted y'all safe. Why didn't you say something then? Why didn't you just f*cking confess then?"