Sixteen: Dark Shadows & Cries for Help

Logan

Jaycen searched the bathroom for the culprit who had startled his precious new mate. After finishing the search he drew Sydney out of the bathroom and into his bedroom like I predicted he would, giving me all the time I needed to leave my little message on the mirror.

Pleased with it, I slipped back into the cold of night.

I quietly climbed back to the ground, making sure I left the window of the bathroom ajarred, hoping it would keep Jaycen up at night. My feet reached the damn ground and I made my way to the woods where I shifted into my massive gray wolf.

I can't wait to give Jaycen what's coming for him. My wolf growled with satisfaction.

Don't worry he will. This has been years in the making and we have sacrificed too much to make him and his family pay!

He doesn't have a brother. My wolf pointed out.

I know that, but he does have a little sister and a beta who seems to act like his brother or some shit like that.

So you know for sure? My wolf asked a grin in his voice.

Yes, the beta and his sister are mates. They have been hiding it for a while. They aren't sure how he will take it and the beta pissed her off so they don't seem to be planning on becoming mates for a while. But I'll give it to them. They sure know how to hide their feelings.

So how are we going to use this to our advantage?

The way we normally do. I answered with a smirk.

My twenty-minute journey through the woods brought me to the edge of a dark street. Glancing around for any bystanders I trotted out into the abandoned street and headed towards an empty and ruined down building. Going through the back of the building where the hidden entrance was I shifted back and threw on some shorts we stored in a nearby dumpster which was unused.

After getting on clothes I wheeled the dumpster out of the way and slipped down through the window that led to the building's basement. I turned and grabbed the rope we tied to the dumpster I pulled the dumpster back to cover the window.

Brushing the dirt off my hands, I turned and went to the lit up part of the basement.

"I see you finally decided to join us," Elliot said his arms defensively crossed against his chest.

I snorted at the audacity my brother had to talk to me that way. "I had to run some errands, that's all."

Elliot stood with my beta Tether at his side.

"Sure you did," Elliot said unconvinced. "So do we know what our next step is?"

"We are just going to watch how it all plays out with Brendon and the girl."

Our youngest sibling of the three of us, small fifteen-year-old sister, Sasha, stepped into the light. "What girl?"

I smiled down out her.

Out of the three of us, Elliot, Sasha, and I, Sasha got the red hair from our bastard of a father. She like, Elliot and I had bright green eyes, but Elliot and I had our mother's blonde hair.

"His mate."

"You mean Sydney?" The boy asked appearing beside my sister.

Brendon Alistar the undercover operative in our little game. He was mostly human, but all of his features were dark like a wolf. He had grey eyes like frozen ice, which disturbed even me. He was averagely sized for a human with a hint of his parent's diluted werewolf blood. Brendon was perfect for the job.