•FOUR•

Gabby's POV

I woke up in Hayes' room in only my bra, with an overall terrible feeling. It's like my whole body ached.

My head hurt, in between my legs hurt, I had a pounding headache, and I felt kind of nauseas.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes then looked next to me, and Hayes was still peacefully sleeping.

I put my head in my hands and tried to just think for a second, and remember last night's events.

I looked under the covers, hoping Hayes was wearing underwear, but unfortunately he wasn't.

"Hayes," I started to shake him awake, but he just groaned and rolled over.

I got out of his bed and put my underwear and pants back on once I found them laying on opposite sides of the room.

While I was slipping on my shoes, Hayes finally sat up "Where are you going?" He asked in a raspy voice. 

"Home." I said bluntly.

"Home? Why?"

"Because I really hate you right now."

"Why?" He asked while getting up.

His ignorance of the current situation began to irritate me "I had one rule. One. I told you we can have sex when I'm ready, but no. You go ahead and do it when I'm drunk... When I'm drunk. Let that sink in for a sec. Do you know how terrible that is?"

He walked towards me with his arms out, looking to embrace me in a hug "Baby, I'm sorry-"

"No," I put my hand up to his chest, preventing him from getting any closer "You don't get to "Baby, I'm sorry." Your ass out of this one. I thought you had more respect for me?"

He dropped his hands down to his sides as he let out a sigh in exasperation "You kept telling me to," he said as if it were a valid reason to still have sec with me "You were begging me to fuck you, Gabby. Touching me, kissing my neck, grinding on me. You wanted me to fuck you so bad.. And you seemed to enjoy it so I don't see what the big deal is." He wrapped his hands around my waist and watched me intently as he spoke slyly. He was so confident that he was in the right.

"That wasn't me in the right head space, that was drunk me." I pulled away from him and grabbed my phone from the floor then walked out of his room and down the stairs.

"Wait a minute," he called from behind me "Can we just talk about this for a sec?" He got in front of me, blocking my way.

"We already did." I said bluntly and pushed past him.

He grabbed me by the waist, pulled me back to him, then turned me around so I was facing him "Just give me another chance, or even time to explain myself."

"I already gave you that and you turned it on me." I pulled my body away from his then walked to the door.

I walked down his porch steps and down the side walk.

That honestly felt really good. I got to tell him what I had to say and he just let me for once. And I finally had the courage to do it.

I decided to call my best friend, Mackenzie, to see if she could pick me up and take me home.

I sat on the grass about a block away with my legs crossed, waiting for her to pick me up.

She pulled up in front of me, so I got up and got into the car.

"What's wrong? Why couldn't Hayes take you home?" She asked with a concerned look

"I think I'm kinda done with him." I looked down at my chipped nail polish.

"Why? What happened?" She asked.

"Hayes and I went out to a bar and I got drunk, then apparently we went back to his house and had sex even though I've told him a million times that I'm not ready. I've definitely had a conversation about the concept of consent too."

"Gabby, I'm so sorry. Are you ok? Do we need to go to the hospital to—"

"No... I.. I just want to get out of here." I said as I felt chills run down my body.

"I'm so mad that he did that. If you know I'm not comfortable with losing my virginity yet, respect that. It's my body and he just took advantage of me in that moment of vulnerability. I don't even remember drinking that much."

"I'm sorry that happened," she gave me a weak smile "Maybe you two should take a break or something just to give you time to cool off."

"That sounds great... In fact, maybe we should just take a permanent break."

"You want to break up with him?" She asked.

"Honestly, I don't know," I shrugged.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I love him, but sometimes I hate him. He's so sweet and funny, but he can be a complete asshole. He loves and cares about me, then most of the time he has to have it his way and be over protective for no reason," I sucked on my teeth as I thought about it "And.. I mean... I considered having sex with him sometime soon, I just never really felt like we were put in the correct situation. Ya know?" I looked up at her.

"I completely understand," she gave me a weak smile "If he's too controlling, maybe you should just give him a chance to stop. I don't know. I don't want to get too involved." She said while pulling up in front of my apartment building.

In the past when Mackenzie has gotten involved in Hayes and I's arguments or disputes, he's gotten really mad at both of us, but especially Mackenzie. He's even verbally lashed out on her a few times.

For example, one time she went off on Hayes because he accused me of meeting up with someone else on a consistent basis, and he was irate. He couldn't seem to wrap his head around her being in "our business." He's also felt intimidated by her in the past. I guess he sees her as both competition and someone who's way too outspoken to be around too much.

"Thanks. I think I just need time to think." I said while getting out of the car.

"No problem. Call me if you need anything, I'll be right over."

"I will, thank you, again." I said with a smile then closed the car door.