My Book

Chapter 13: My Book

-Bex p.o.v.-

We all sat down at the Gryffindor table. James was sitting next to me while Remus was across from me and Sirius across from James. Peter was sitting next to Remus, on the other side, looking around while fidgeting.

I grabbed a piece of chicken and studied Peter. I narrowed my eyes at his slumped over figure. "Where have you been Peter?" I asked. "I haven't seen you for a while."

"Uh." Peters eyes went wide. "I-I uh. I ha-have t-t-tutoring." He stuttered out, looking beyond nervous.

I pursed my lips and continued to look at him. "Where?"

"Um... Uh. I ha-have tu-t-toring after c-classes. I-it's in th-the l-li-brary." He muttered and avoided my eyes, looking down at his lap.

I shrugged. "No wonder I haven't seen you. I don't go to the library. I have never actually been into the Hogwarts library before."

"I could take you," Remus suggested, taking his eyes off of his book and training them on me.

I gave a small laugh, but stopped suddenly. "Wait! You were being serious?" I exclaimed and looked at him with wide eyes.

He looked at me with the same blank look, his expression not impressed in the slightest bit. "Oh my Godric! You were being serious!"

"Well he wasn't doing a very good impression." Sirius spoke, "I would never ask if you wanted to go to the library with me. I'm not even allowed into the library!"

We all pivoted and started to stare down Sirius. James spoke up, "are you being ser-" he stopped and thought for a second before speaking once more. "Are you kidding me? That has got to be your worst pun yet!"

Remus and I shared a look before we rolled our eyes simultaneously and began to ignore them. "So would you?"

"Would I what?" I asked confused. "Sorry, Sirius sidetracked me."

"Would you like to join me at the library?" Remus repeated, glancing at me uo from his steak.

"Uh, yeah, no thanks." I spoke and turned back to my food.

"What? Why?" Remus questioned, relentlessly.

"I don't go to the library, like I said, I've never been inside of the Hogwarts library, my dad is the headmaster, I've been coming to this school since I was little, and never, not once have I ever had reason to visit that place. I mean, seriously, why would I?" I shrugged and grabbed a roll.

"Well, for starters, it's a wonderful place, there is millions of books that I'm sure you would find interesting. Endless amounts of genres that you could search under, you are bound to find at least a hundred books that you will enjoy." Remus explained, seeming to take a philisophocal way about the situation.

"Well Remus, for your information, I have only read one book from cover to cover. I have tried many of the books Lily brings me, I just never get past the first page. So I have decided that the library is a cursed place that I should never enter, under any circumstances. I also think that I should never read again unless it is like homework or something and then I will think about it long and hard before I end up choosing to not read it." I paused and looked at James. "Will you pass me the butter, please?"

"Oh yeah, sure." James handed me the butter with a smile.

"What book was that?" Remus asked curiously as I examined my knife. I narrowed my eyes and pursed my lips, staring the piece of silver ware down. "Why is not reading your an-" Remus started.