Part 13

"I told you so."

Lauren walked Camila to her front door. She stuffed her hands in her varsity jacket as she trailed behind the brunette and her family.

"Great job tonight, ladies." Alejandro congratulated the two girls. He pushed his youngest daughter who was sleeping up further into his arms. "I'm really proud of both of you, especially you hija." He smiled at Camila. "I approve of this by the way." He gestured to the pair with a smirk.

"Papi!" Camila whined before pushing him in the house. "Will you please go in!"

"Don't stay out too late, mija. It's getting cold." Sinu reminded her daughter. She kissed the top of Camila's head and walked through the door giving the two girls privacy. She closed the door on her way in.

"So..." Lauren dragged as she rocked back and forth using the heel of her foot.

"So..." The brown-eyed girl giggled.

"I'm glad you asked me." Lauren said truthfully with a smile.

"I'm glad I asked you, too." Camila replied, reciprocating the other girl's expression.

The pale girl chuckled. "Are you just going to repeat everything I say?"

"Yes."

Lauren rolled her eyes playfully. "Camz, please."

"Tonight was by far the best night of my life. We won our last game. I asked you to Prom and I didn't get rejected..." Camila joked. She looked at Lauren's eyes and melted. "I'm really really happy you said yes, Laur."

"Did you doubt me?"

"Kind off. I thought for sure you had your 'yes' reserved for Maia."

"I told you, I would have said yes to 'someone else'..." Lauren used his hands to air quote.

"Well I wasn't sure on who was that 'someone else'?" The other girl followed.

"You were that only 'someone else'."

Camila blushed. She scrunched her nose and squinted her eyes at Lauren. "You know Maia helped me..."

"She did?" Lauren asked in shock.

"Hmm." Camila nodded. "She asked a couple of the guys from the soccer team to help me with the lights and the keyboard. Pretty cool, huh?"

"Very cool." The green-eyed girl hummed. "I thought she was going to ask me..."

"Are you disappointed she didn't?" Camila taunted as she arched an eyebrow.

"No. no. no." Lauren said frantically. "It was just that... how did she end up helping you?"

"We talked things out. Turns outs she's really nice."

"See! I to-"

Camila quickly slapped her hand over Lauren's mouth. "Ah, ah, ah. I don't want to hear it. I admit she's nice okay... No need for the 'I told you so'."

The green-eyed girl shrugged. "Fineeee." She mumbled in the girl's hand before licking the palm on her mouth.

"GROSS!" Camila squeaked, pulling her hand back and rubbing it on Lauren's jacket.

"Great." Lauren watched as her teammate smeared the saliva on her jacket. "I always wanted my own spit in my jacket." She said sarcastically. She saw Camila smile smugly and start to pull away so she quickly grabbed on the girl's wrist.

"Not so fast, Cabello." There was a glint of mischief, twinkling in her green orbs.

Camila tilted her head at Lauren and raised an eyebrow. "Laur..."