Part 17

*trigger warning*

"The little things. The little moments. — They so aren't little. No, not to me."

"You didn't have to walk me." Lauren told Camila as side eyed the girl she was strolling beside under the moonlight, a small smile tugging on her lips.

After dinner, Lauren's family decided to call it a night and return home, however, their oldest daughter wanted to stay a little while longer. She wanted to spend more time with Camila and just hang out with the Cabello's. It also helped that it was a Friday so there were no obligations in the morning.

It was when the clock struck midnight when the two girls decided it was time to part ways. Well, that and Clara's excessive calls and multiple texts telling Lauren to go home. The brunette offered to walk Lauren home.

"I thought it'd be appropriate, since you know..." Camila trailed off playfully swaying her hips to hit Lauren's.

The green-eyed girl chuckled and raised an eyebrow. "No, I don't know. Please do enlighten me, Ms. Cabello." She taunted.

Camila bit her lip and looked straight into Lauren's sparkling jades. "Because... I like you."

Lauren's smile grew wider. The kind of smile that reaches all the way to her eyes, making the corners wrinkle and her cheeks pushed up.

Camila blushed at her admission and averted her gaze to the pavement below her. She was a bit apprehensive because they still haven't really talked about their relationship. But all her worries went away when she suddenly felt a hand sliding with hers, intertwining through the gaps of her fingers. She looked up and found Lauren staring at her with a lop-sided grin.

"I like you too." Lauren whispered. A soft laugh escaped her lips. "Actually, I kinda more than like you... I love you... I told you that a while ago but I didn't know if we're there yet. I don't want to scare you off, so I'll stick with I like you."

"Well you said it then and you said it now." Camila deadpanned followed by a giggle. "And I'm still here, aren't I?" She squeezed Lauren's hand and moved closer to the pale girl as they walked. She rested her chin on top of Lauren's shoulder and scrunched her nose adorably.

The other girl turned her head and faced Camila. She brushed her nose with the brown-eyed girl and beamed.

"Say it back." She husked, her warm breath hitting Camila's mouth.

Camila licked her lips and darted her eyes to Lauren's plump ones. "Okay. I..." She stopped walking, making Lauren halt. "love..." She pushed herself up with her tippy toes, their lips barely touching now. She watched the pale girl flutter her eyelids close in anticipation and smirked before pulling back. She released Lauren's hand and ran out in the street.

The dark haired girl snapped her eyes open and huffed when Camila let go of her hand. She rolled her eyes jokingly and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"TEASE!" She called out to Camila.

The other Latina laughed loudly and held her aching stomach. She stuck her tongue out and brought her hands up to her head as she flapped it at Lauren.

Lauren shook her head at Camila's childish play and trudged towards the girl. "You're such a child." She grumbled.

"No, you're a child!" Camila countered.

"Says the girl in the middle of the street at 12 in the morning, blowing raspberries at me." Lauren walked up to Camila and placed her hands on the girl's hips.