Part 20

"You're it, you're my person."

Dinah and Normani sat in the back of English class and discussed more about their prom plans while Camila tried to distract herself by reading a book. Their teacher had let them loose for the last twenty minutes of class knowing that he wouldn't get anything out of them since prom was two days away.

"Hey..." A small voice uttered. Camila lifted her eyes from the book and was met with chocolate orbs belonging to someone who she had fallen accustomed to over the years.

Ariana took a seat next to her ex and cleared her throat. "Haven't talked to you in a while." She eased in the conversation.

Camila slowly closed her book and sat up straighter. After the break up, she avoided the girl at all costs not because she hated Ariana but because she wanted find herself and figure out what she really wanted. It's been weeks since they last talked. They would share glances here and there or a small smile in the hallway but never really conversed.

"Yeah." The volleyball player uttered.

"How you been?" Ariana asked.

"Umm... fine, I guess." Camila lied. She wasn't fine. Lauren was in the hospital and her ex was talking to her for the first time in what seemed like forever.

"I heard about Lauren." Ariana retorted despondently. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm coping." Camila answered flashing the girl with a small smile. It was nice that Ariana still cared for her. No matter how they ended their relationship, she knew that the cheerleader would always be there for her. Aside from the cheating, Ariana was a good person.

"Is she going to be able to make it to Prom?" The Italian queried.

"No." Camila shook her head. "She's getting released later today but I doubt she'll be in good shape after two days. And even if she insist on going I won't let her."

Ariana chuckled lightly. "Way to put your foot down, Mila. So are you just going stag then, because if you ar-"

"I'm not going." Camila quickly interjected making the other girl furrow her brows.

"What do you mean you're not going?" Ariana tilted her head and looked at her ex as if she had two heads.

"I'm not going." The Latina repeated firmly.

"Um. Okay..." Ariana said in bewilderment. "Mila, you've been planning Prom since we were twelve. You got your dressed tailored and booked the Limo before senior year even started."

Camila just shrugged.

"H-have... have you told Lauren?" Ariana posed curiously.

"No. In all honesty, I was going to wait until the day of." Camila admitted sadly. She knew Lauren would oppose and make her go.

"She's not going to like that." The cheerleader said knowingly.

"I know." Camila sighed. She combed through her dark locks and pursed her lips together. "That's what everyone's been telling me."

"That's only because everyone knows how much Prom means to you. Especially Lauren." Ariana scolded. "That poor girl had listened to you maul over the perfect dress. The perfect hairstyle. The song you want to dance to. Your dream corsage arrangement. Sometimes, I forget how grateful I am that Prom season is during cheer competition. Don't get me wrong, I love hearing you talk about something your passionate about but I listened to you talk about this day since we were in diapers. I just, I would never have that much patience as Lauren does."