Part 22

"A perfect harmony."

The ride to prom was lively. The music was turned all the way up and everyone was dancing as they sang along to what the Dinah's iPod was playing. Camila, on the other hand, stared out the window, watching other cars pass them. Her mind completely blurred by the look in Lauren's eyes when they parted.

"Mila!!!" Dinah snapped Camila off her trance and pulled her out of her seat. "Let's dance. Get turnt! The night is have just begun!"

Camila flashed her best friend a small smile before taking the girl's advice and letting loose. She was handed a glass of champagne, which she happily took and gulped down. It wasn't long when the limo stopped at the destination.

All of the girls and Troy stepped out of the limo and gaped at the setting. Their prom was held at a grand mansion. It was big and elegant. The lawn was green as day and perfectly trimmed. It was like everything Camila had imagined. Her eyes trailed along a long pathway leading up to the majestic entrance guided by lights on the ground.

"Wow." Camila breathed as she took it all in. She bit her lip and sighed deeply feeling the guilt rise up. "Lauren would have loved this."

"C'mon, Mila!" Ally called out, already walking up to where the other students, including Dinah and Normani, were lining up for pictures. Before entering the actual event, there was a small photo booth where couples and groups can have their pictures taken by professionals. It was a memorabilia for later on.

The Cuban-Mexican nodded and lifted her dress up, fully intending to follow the short girl, however, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned only to see Ariana smiling warmly at her.

"Hey." Ariana greeted. Her chocolate pools scanned her ex's outfit and smirked. "You look beautiful, Mils."

Camila blushed and beamed at the cheerleader. "Thank you. So do you." She commented as her eyes ogled at Ariana's attire. The black gown complimented the girl's complexion and body. It was like it was made for her. She would know she helped her pick it out.

Ariana looked at Camila's wrist and saw the poised corsage she was sporting. "Did Lauren give you that?"

Camila replied with a nod.

"It's lovely."

The volleyball player hummed and raised her wrist up. She toyed with the small flowers and smiled. It made her believe that Lauren was with her.

"I wish she was here." She mumbled quietly.

Ariana pursed her lips together and couldn't help but feel sympathetic to the Latina. She clasped on to Camila's hand and looped it around her petite arm. She saw the girl's head lift up and stare at her quizzically. She met the girl's brown orbs and gave her a tiny simper.

"How about I take Lauren's spot for the night..." The Italian offered. "If you'll let me, that is."

"Ummm..." Camila replied hesitantly. She was unsure of what the girl's intentions were but at the same time being with Ariana didn't make her feel so lonely.

"Just for tonight."

"Of course."

Ariana grinned and gestured over to the line. "Shall we?"

"We shall." Camila giggled.

The two girls strolled over to the end of the long line. Camila noticed that her teammates have disappeared and figured that they probably went inside the massive house. They made small talk to other people in the line while they waited. When it was finally their turn, Ariana walked up to the photographer to ask if they could take one using her phone too. She watched her ex talk to the men and thought that it should have been Lauren next to her right now.