WINTER SPECIAL

I think as you grow older your Christmas list gets shorter, because the things you want cant be bought

Camila walked towards the front of Lauren's house with a bouquet of roses in her hand. She had on a red sweater with a big Christmas tree right in the middle of it. The holidays have always been her favorite and she intended on making this one the best one yet. After a stressful semester in Stanford, she and Lauren had flown back to Miami for winter break. The other girls did the same and planned out a small reunion to catch up at a local karaoke bar downtown.

She rang the doorbell and waited patiently for her girlfriend. The couple has been dating for almost 7 months but to Camila it felt like years. Lauren was so mellow and easy going that it made their relationship ten times better. Minutes passed but there was still no sign of the green-eyed girl so she decided to ring the bell again.

"I'm not going!" She heard Lauren yell from inside the house.

'That was new.' Camila thought. She rolled her eyes and pounded on the door, "Let's go Laur! We're late! Stop whining!"

There was no response. "LAUREN!" Camila yelled as she pushed the doorbell repetitively. The door finally opened after the 20th ring, revealing a grumpy Lauren wearing a black leather jacket and a frown. A hint of red fabric can be seen under the jacket.

"I don't want to go." Lauren huffed crossing her arms in front of her chest. Camila snickered at her pouty girlfriend, "Babe, what's wrong? You look fine. And can you please take off your jacket, it's warm enough with a sweater."

"No."

"Laur, really? Take off the jacket."

"If you want me to go then I get to kept the jacket."

"You're going to suffer from hyperthermia."

The raven-haired girl only snorted. "Why Camz? Just why. Do you like torturing me?"

"Because it's cute and sometimes." Camila beamed before offering the roses to Lauren. "Here, I brought you roses." The other girl muttered a 'thank you' as she snatched it and disappeared back in her house.

"Mom! I'm leaving!" Camila cringed at Lauren's booming voice and shot her girlfriend a displeasing look when she sauntered her way back. Lauren lifted her shoulders as she saw Camila's face, "What?"

"WAIT!" Clara called out in reply. Hasty footsteps rang through the house a few moments later and appeared the Cuban woman followed by Taylor and Chris. She had a camera around her neck smiling cheekily at her daughter. "I want a picture of you and Camila."

Lauren's eyes widened in panic and shook her head disapprovingly. "No, no, no, no... mom, please, no." This elicited a small giggle came from Camila causing her to turn head and glare at her brown-eyed lover.

"Why not?" Clara asked in a confused tone. "It's your first Christmas together. I want a picture."

"It's not even Christmas yet!" Lauren countered turning back to her mom.

"Awww cmon, Laur. Don't you want to remember this for later?" Chris teased from behind.

"Chris, I will end you!" The oldest threatened.

"Babe, let your mom take a picture." Camila piped up. "We're making memories."

Lauren growled under her breath. Darn her soft spot for the brunette. "Fine." She gritted through her teeth. "One picture. ONE."

"Okay, mija." Clara smiled brightly as she held the camera up and pointed it towards the couple. Lauren stood next to Camila with a straight face.