십칠 (vershua)

<Vernon>

<I'm just pretending Hansol is like new to Korea ok ya thks>

<bold for korean normal for English>

"Um... me... want go... here?" Vernon stuttered out in broken Korean as he pointed to the address his aunt had sent him in Hangul.

"Oh there! Go over there," the lady at the information counter said while pointing behind him,"All you have to do is book a cab and tell the drive your address."

"Thank you so much." He said with a formal bow.

The lady smiled back warmly before he turned around and headed in the direction she had pointed him in.

Slowly, he squeezed his way past the steam of people moving swiftly. Nearing walking into a little girl with his suitcase, he tired to avoid her and ending up hitting another person.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry about that! Are you... alright?"

"It's ok I'm fine," The other boy answered in English, which thoroughly surprised him.

"You can speak English?"

He let out a loud chuckle. "Sure I can. I spent half my life living in the USA. I'm Joshua."

"Hi I'm Vernon." Vernon looked the boy before him. He was slightly taller than himself, with a head of light brown hair. A pair of jeans accompanied a flannel with a "God is real" t-shirt inside, and a pair of Nikes, much like his own. A necklace with the cross on it was half hidden in his shirt.

"Where you headed?"

Vernon showed him the address, making Joshua chuckle. "Wow your aunt must be pretty rich."

"Um... I guess? She's a surgeon."

Suddenly, Vernon's phone tinged, alerting him to a new message.

"Hey sweetie I'm really really sorry but is there any way you can stay out till a little later? I won't be home till about 8:30 at night and I don't want to let my guest be all alone in my house :((( Luv u lil bby sorry bout this!!!!"

"Oh gosh my aunt's gonna be out till really late tonight. What do I even do till then?"

Joshua flashed him a grin. "How about you spend the day with me? I've got time to spare anyways."

Vernon thought about it. This guy was a total stranger. Could he really trust him? Glancing at his eager face, he decided that hey, why not?

"Let's go! Now, tour guide I'm starving so could we go eat?"

"Ooooo I know this Korean barbecue place that's great? Wanna go try it out?"

Vernon clapped enthusiastically."Food food food!"

Making their way there, they got a seat fairly quickly, making light conversation as they waited for their food.

"So what are you thinking of as a future career choice?" Joshua asked out of the blue while spearing some beef.

"Hmmmm... I'm not actually sure... if I could really be anything though, I feel the most drawn to music. I wanna work in the music industry, whether as a producer or an actual singer. My singing's not that good so it probably won't happen." He said gloomily.

"Well maybe if you can't sing, you could rap? I'm not sure it's just a suggestion but you should consider it."

As Vernon mulled over Joshua's words, he put some fresh meat in the grill and burnt his hand in the process. Pulling his hand back with a hiss, he cradled his hand, where one patch on the side of his hand had turned red and was forming a bubble.

"Here, lemme see that." Joshua asked gently as he eased Vernon's hand into his own to inspect the wound. Joshua took one look at his hand and asked a passing waiter for a cup of ice and a towel. Once those had arrived, he put a few ice cubes unto the towel and held it to the red skin.

To vernon, the burn had started going numb quite awhile ago, when Joshua had first held his hand. A nice tingly, warm feeling had taken over his entire body. Everything felt light and he was light headed for some reason. Due to the excessive playing of the guitar Joshua had told him about, the fingers that wrapped around his hand were calloused, making the effect even weirder. Yet, Vernon didn't feel like complaining that the ice was too cold, or that his hand kinda hurt.

The manager was a nice old lady that looked so concerned Vernon was actually scared she would pass out. She had insisted their meal would be free just being of Vernon's tiny burn, making him fell really bad. But even so, they accepted and thanked the nice grandma before leaving, promising her that they would come back soon. They soon left the barbecue place full and happy, deciding to walk around in the nearby park.

"Look over there!" Joshua said while running in that direction.

Jogging after him, he saw a "free performances, please sign up if interested" sign.

"You like performing?"

"I guess... I've only done it a few times back home."

Hearing this, he grabbed Vernon's hand again, making him blush as Joshua tugged him to the sign up table.

"Hello noona! I was wondering if my friend and I could sign up to perform!"

The pretty unni with bright blue hair and a bob cut gave a smile before handing them and a clipboard and saying,"If your performing, there are only three other performers before you."

"Thank you!"

Deciding to stick around and watch the other performers, they brainstormed the song they were gonna use on stage.

"Now, please put your hands together for Vernon and Joshua. They have chosen "Coffee" by BTS. Please enjoy their performance!"

~whole song~

The applause they got after finishing was deafening. Vernon felt his heart lift, and he knew for sure this was what he wanted to do. To feel the rush of a good performance, the happiness of those watching, and to perform with Joshua again.

*

I tried :'))) it's really hard writing two books plus sch work plus a ton of other shit haiz. OH WELL!!! it's ok I love writing it's so fun I can't even ✨✨ and oH MY ACTUALLY HANSOL 4.6 READS????? holy shit it's like a dream come true!!! TQ u guys so much!! pls request keep voting!!! LY all <3333

*