d e a d l y p e c a n s

a/n: this chapter will almost make you cry guys. it made me cry so hard while writing it. anyway, above are the outfits, and Liam will be in the chapter with the character from Blind, so if you are confused, go read the first chapter! Also, third person will be used in part of it as well. happy reading loves - dani xo

c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n 

Assuaging the scorching pain of heartbreak can not be done overnight.

Anyone of my age has had their fair share of despicable exes, but Harry is someone that can not be simply removed. The pain has spread to my limbs, and for the last few days, I've been bed bound.

Piper and Ashton have both called me a 'hopeless' cause because of the number of times I've nearly leaped to read the screen on my phone. I beg to differ, but truly, they were nothing but correct.

After battling my inner mind to remove myself from the comfort of my silk sheets, I finally overcame the desires to continue re-watching my favorite Netflix series. I established the coffee shop, Urban Decaf, as the location, ready to order what I've dreamt of while staying solid in bed.

Upon arrival, the shop's interior housed the usual amount of customers that varied from coffee lovers to downright addicts. I was in the middle of the spectrum, but there was multiple occasions where I craved coffee like a drug. Like now.

The paparazzi did not remove me completely off the radar, but for the few desperate morons, I was an open target. The hat I wore disguised most of my appearance, and put me off their heightened noses.

I approached the counter, detaching the shades from my eyes to view the cashier and the hovering menu above.

"Welcome to Urban Decaf. What can I get ya?" A teenager, whose name read as 'Randi', requested. Her tone added more excitement than the average person utilized.

"A basic black, and a cinnamon muffin," The muffin would be for comfort. That's all.

"That'll be 7.23," I awarded her with the proper funds, and received a mumbled 'thank you'. She disappeared among the workers behind the counter to construct my order while I wait near the glass display of baked goods.

He baked..

Every simple aspect of my day would remind me, somehow, of his presence or the protracted list of hobbies that he found himself doing. At the time, I was humored by his answers but as of now, the fogged memories only constricted my heart's muscles.

My hand brushed against the fingerprinted glass as the warmth of the beating light bulb reheated the cooked pastries for future consumers that decided on having a sweet snack. It resembled his, how vibrant and welcoming the heat brought upon the cold and distorted.

"Miss." Randi hushed my sorrows, distracting me from divulging into missing him. Her hands slid my order across the counter top, flashing a smile. "Thank you for your patronage. Come again."

Out of reflex, I brought the steamed coffee to my lips after forming them together to blow off the steam that vaporized from the lid. The temperature was still broiling, but it was chilled enough to suffice.

The coffee itself was delicious, but the distinct aftertaste was eerie. I continued to lick my lips in order to materialize the taste and there was nothing that I could-

My throat was coated with a thin layer, and the opportunities to swallow were dwindling down to a slim chance. Peanuts..someone put peanuts in my coffee!

Empty pants of survival barely holding to me left my parted lips, hands wrapping tightly around the exterior of my throat. I snatched off the knitted scarf from my neck, dropping the brown, blistering liquid to pool on the floor beneath.