38

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 38: Alpha (Fe)Male

{D. K}

Dakota walked in the cream painted room that had multiple windows. She leaned against the door as she watched Klaus paint, his muscles straining against the forest green shirt that covered his tan skin. "It's so dark," Dakota comments, her brown eyes traveling over to the painting.

Klaus glanced over his shoulder to see Dakota in one of his shirts that barely covered her butt and exposed her smooth legs. "It's alluring."

"That's not one of the first feelings I get when I look at an all black painting."

The paintbrush in his hand stroked over the canvas a few more times, staining the once white board into a dark twisted work of art. "Don't underestimate the allure of darkness. Even the purest hearts are drawn to it."

Dakota rested her chin on his shoulder, wrapping her arms around his waist, the tips of her fingers sneaking under his shirt to touch his warm skin. "How poetic."

The moment between the couple was ruined when Rebekah strutted in, a stake in her hand. "Look who decided to return," Dakota joked, giggling when Rebekah shot her a glare. "Decide to stop for dinner, or something?"

"Or something," Rebekah replies with a unusual tone in her sultry voice. "Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake. Luckily, I'm quite the charmer."

Klaus looked pleased to see the stake. "Well done, little sister. The last of the weapons that could kill us."

"Would you like to do the honors, or shall I?"

The hybrid took the stake, throwing it into the fireplace beside him. "We're leaving tonight, so pack your bags."

Rebekah turned to face the back of her brother. "Tonight?"

"Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelgänger and be off by sunset."

Dakota groaned, pulling away from Klaus' warm body. "I thought you said we could leave doppelbitch behind. She's dead weight."

Klaus set down his paintbrush, bopping Dakota's nose with his paint stained finger. "Dead weight who makes me hybrids that protects my girl from harm."

"I can protect myself, Klaus."

Rebekah rolled her eyes at their antics, she shifted her weight from foot to foot. "Can't we leave tomorrow, Nik?" She pleads.

"Why would we do that?"

"Tonight's the decade dance, and I'm head of the committee."