Part Two: Chapter Thirty Two

"Tension is in the air" Jace said through mouthfuls. He had easily recovered from whatever incident happened earlier. He directed the words at me and Xander.

We had been eating in silence and whenever we touched off each other, I'd jerk away. I was still annoyed with him, I was amazing at holding grudges. Sure, it wasn't the best reason to be but I knew the feeling of being alone and neglected. That's why I was so triggered about the whole situation.

Eva didn't need that.

We ate the rest of the main course in silence apart from Jace who went on about a new car he got recently. Now and again I'd see Eva glance at Seth but immediately look down when he noticed her.

I didn't look at Xander once. I don't know if he looked at me because I literally made a wall between us with my hair.

One by one the knives and forks were being put down on empty plates as people finished. Jace was definitely the first to finish, not only in our group but from the whole table.

I was quick enough since I didn't talk as did the others. A few other people at the table took ages since they were non-stop talking.

When everyone was finished, the two butlers rounded up and collected everyone's plates. "Now, who's ready for dessert?!" Maggie shouted and cheers erupted from the table. I couldn't help but laugh, this huge family were amusing. 

 I found it adorable how many joined together for this. Eva leaned over and whispered something to Seth. He cocked one eyebrow and just shrugged in response. I was curious.

We had an option between Strawberry cheesecake or Banoffee pie.

I chose Strawberry , simply because it was heaven. Jace glanced up to Eva who had chosen the same dessert as me. "An angel for an angel" He winked. Seth rolled his eyes and Eva just forced out a laugh.

It wasn't long before dessert was done because no-one really talked, I'm guessing they wanted to savor the flavor. Maybe it was just me. 

"Now, who's ready for games and alcohol! The minors can have fizzy drinks. Then if somehow some of you are still hungry there will be finger bites" Henry smiled, "Now I have the other rooms ready. If anyone needs a guest room, feel free to tell me"

It was a good thing his place was huge.

Seth stood up and nudged Eva. She looked up to him and they seemed to share a look. He walked off and she hopped up and quickly chased after him. I sat back in my seat, watching as others left the table, including Jace while others sat and waited.

"Are you sti-"

"Yes" I interrupted, "I know how she feels Xander and I don't want to see her unhappy. I'm just annoyed because I thought you wanted to help her too but I guess not" I stood up from the table and walked off.

Oh stop being so dramatic.

Where the hell was I going? 

Not wanting to get swept away into the crowd that made their way to the living room I walked the other way. I exited the other door, ending in the large hallway. Aimlessly, I walked around before making my way upstairs.

I knew they had a balcony somewhere but I had never properly seen it when I worked here. I walked around the large upstairs, having difficulty finding it. I passed my old room, pausing for a minute.

I debated on going inside but decided against it. I felt a light breeze and my eyes landed on two open double doors. I walked over and glanced in, smiling when I saw the room behind the doors led off to a large balcony.