Chapter 20

A/N: Hey guys, I know it's been a while and I truly am sorry. I had a bad case of knowing where I want this story to go, but not knowing how to put it into words. Then, just as I got my mojo back, I sort of got told my story wasn't good enough so it kind of made me sad for awhile. But, I decided that I'm going to keep writing and improving as much as I can and prove everyone who says my writing isn't good that they're wrong. So thank you to everyone who reads this book, it's because of you that I keep writing. Anyway, hope you like this chapter, enjoy! :-D

**Song: I'm not going anywhere by Anthem Lights**

Stephanie's POV

My breath fogs the car window as I sit in the driver's seat incessantly tapping my foot while waiting for Amy. It's a muggy day, and that coupled with eating a big breakfast prepared by Anna makes me feel much more sluggish than usual. I'm tired and still a little cranky from my recent move to the Jameson's house, so I'm about 10 seconds away from killing Amy for not getting her ass in this car on time.

I tap my hands on the steering wheel slowly trying to calm my anger down. I don't really know what's wrong with me. You'd think after all the years I've had to deal with Amy tardiness I'd be used to it by now. It's like something just keeps nagging me to stay angry. I can't really decipher what, though.

At this moment Amy finally decides to come out looking like an Abercrombie model, and that just makes me even more angry because this morning I closely resemble a mix between a hobo and a vampire. Sickly pale skin, hair askew, and bloodshot eyes from lack of sleep. I couldn't be bothered to put on make-up this morning because I was so cranky, and I barely passed a brush through my hair. Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure Haley ran away to her room when she saw me at breakfast and not because she was late like she said. I must look worst than I thought!

Amy climbs in excitedly and says hi while putting on her seat belt, but I simply give her a grunt and fly out of the parking lot so we're not late because of little ms. I-need-to-look-perfect next to me. She raises an eyebrow at me.

"What crawled up your ass and died this lovely morning?" She asks. I look over fleetingly and scowl back at the street.

"I'm just cranky, tired, pissed off for no specific reason, and I want to get to class on time for once and not be late because of you!"

She stares at me, completely flabbergasted, as I begin to look for parking at school.

"What is your problem? I told you yesterday that I wanted to look good because I'd be seeing Noah today, and you seemed fine with it. Why are you suddenly so, I don't know, hormonal?" She asks as we both get out of our cars and begin walking. I stop and look at her wide eyed.

"Hormonal!" I yell out. "Amy how could I be so stupid! My lady's days start tomorrow!"

"Oh, ok. That's fine, it's tomorrow, you just have to remember that." She grabs my arm and we rush to class before I can talk to her more.

I sit in my seat shakily. What I didn't get to tell Amy is that, just because it's supposed to come tomorrow doesn't mean it won't suddenly come today. I'm so worried that it'll be one of those times where my period decides to make a surprise appearance and embarrass me in school. Especially since my dumb self decided to wear a white skirt today.

"Hey," a voice whispers in my ear. I whip around to see Collin smiling at me as he sits down in the desk next to mine. His smile wobbles, though, as he takes in my appearance. "Bambi, are you okay? Are you sick?"

I look at his concerned emerald eyes, and I feel the sudden need to weep. His face grows even more concerned. The teacher begins her lesson, but Collin ignores her and tries to get me to talk.