10.

Yara's POV

Tonight's the night of my mom's first Vegas show, and I'm so excited! Believe it or not, she's only had one world tour in her entire career and that just happened in 2012. I'm so happy the world will see the kind of performer she is, and witness the magic that's going to unfold.

The flight to Vegas ran smoothly-I just didn't like the 6am wake up call. Arriving to the suite, and getting settled it was already time for brunch. Having brunch with mommy and nana was pretty fun, but I knew my mom couldn't enjoy the scenery Vegas has to offer. She was immediately back into work mode once room service collected our empty dishes. So me and Nana basically chilled on the beach all day long, and got pampered with mani's & pedi's in our rooms.
~~~~~
Shows never start on time, but I'm rushing to put last heel on. Grabbing my clutch and phone, I closed the door and saw my grandma in the hallway. She held the elevator, but it had mom's picture on it, so I had to take a photo. I snapped the picture for Instagram, & captioned it wishing my mom a great show.

The Axis theatre was packed with so many people. As we walked down the aisle, I heard a few people scream my name, and had to do a double look in the direction I heard the screams. Why are people yelling for me? I'm just Yara... ya'll came to see my mama, not me. Nonetheless, I simply waved back to the people, and sat down in my seat. Nana, my aunts, and a few familiar faces sat in our area and conversed as best we could. Music was so loud and the bass boomed. The DJ played great mixes, and eventually he slowed down to an almost abrupt stop once the lights dimmed. The intro music began and I screamed in excitement.
~~~~~
Jennifer's POV

I just finished prayer with my entire crew, and gave high-fives to all the dancers as they went to their marks. I bounced up and down to hype myself up in the tiny space I had for my grand entrance.

I'm dressed in a sparkly, skin tight jumper, and all of my undergarments are rising up on my thighs. I can hear the screaming fans cheering for me, and that made me even more anxious. It's been a long time coming, and mama is here to slay! My cue was given to me & I appeared on my "JLo" built stage, & started my opening number.

*After show*

After my encore performance, I got offstage and my assistant handed me my robe. Covering myself up, I heard cheers from the backstage crew as I headed to my dressing room. I smiled and congratulated them, too. Opening the door, dozens of flowers filled my room and I beamed. I love the smell of fresh flowers.

Once my assistant left to get my family, I was alone and took the time to give God thanks. I said a little prayer for my successful first show that came without a hitch, and patted my face from all the sweat.

I changed into an all-black PINK tracksuit, and slipped a pair of sparkly gold Uggs onto my feet. I know, I know...you may ask, "Jennifer why you ain't take a shower here?" Well my answer to you is... hell no! I'm a slight germaphobe & prefer waiting in my private suite to take one. It's not like I'm seeing anyone from outside my family anyways. There was a slight knock on the door & I allowed whoever it was to enter.

"Maaaaa that was so crazy! OMG you were moving so fast, and keeping up with all the youngins!" Yara yelled. She practically bum rushed me for a hug & gave me kisses. My mom, sisters Leslie & Lynda were here & all laughed. I laughed along with them and hugged Yara just as tight. She was the main one I saw in the aisles doing my signature dance moves, and singing along.

"Alright alright let me breathe chunk." I finally said.

"Sorry. I'm just so happy Ma! You were great! No one was sitting down in their seats." She said. Everyone else joined to tell me what they liked, and their favorite parts from the show. I was just overcome with joy to be surrounded by family, and have them all here.

"And when the showgirls came out, I was like yassss mommy shake that butt!" Yara said, emphasizing on the "yasss" part. What is wrong with this girl? So silly.

"Hey Jenn, the car is ready for us. We're going to head back to our rooms, and wait til you're dressed to get dinner," My baby sister, Lynda said. We all headed out of the dressing room.

Riding up the escalator to the top floor, Yara and my assistant went towards the living room area to wait as I headed to my bathroom. I took off my costume makeup, tied my hair up into a bun, and showered. Getting dressed in a crisp off-white dress with heels, I was ready done. I grabbed my phone & couldn't believe I was dressed in record time. Maybe it's because I'm hungry. Leaving the hotel & going to a local restaurant we all ate and drank, of course not Yara, & overall had a great night. Even though I'm loving the aftermath of my show, I can't wait to get in my bed and sleep!

***** COMMENT, VOTE*****