Expected

OMG this story reached 20k reads! Thanks to all of you! XD I'm so happy ^~^
This is chapter 18.

---

Author's POV:

"Your palace's garden indeed is always the most peaceful and soothing place in the palace." The man with a golden crown resting on his head sips on the cup of fragrant tea, sitting on the stone stool, his eyes set into the pond of kois, following their swift movements.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Empress smiles and nods her head at the Emperor, while he says nothing and continues to stare at the pond.

Seeing the Emperor to be in a rather good mood today, and that High Minister Harv has not mentioned anything in the Court due to certain urgent political issues, she decides to make up her mind and brings the matter to the Emperor, once and for all. Before the Shine makes a move again, the Harv must do something, she thinks.

"Your Majesty, I have an inquiry to make. I believe...Your Majesty would like to discuss this issue with me as well." Her serious tone catches his attention and he turns around to face her, waiting for her to continue.

"The princes and princesses have grown up and reached adulthood. I believe... It is time for them to start their own families." As she finishes her sentence, the Emperor closes his eyes, as though he is deep in thought.

"You are right. Seventh Princess should also be married to the North already to stop the war that has been going on for years. Crown Prince has already long reached adulthood."

"Y-Yes." Empress pulls her lips up into a smile, keeping her head down.

"So, do you have a candidate for Crown Prince in mind?" His Majesty squints his eyes at the Empress, awaiting an answer.

"Yes, Your Majesty. It is the granddaughter of Commander Wales, Shana Wales. She has just reached sixteen years this year."

"I have heard about her talent and beauty. She does suit Crown Prince. However, Crown Prince and Seventh Princess' marriage cannot be held together. The importance of each differs. Whose should be proceeded with first?"

"The Empire is more important, thus I believe it is best to proceed with Seventh Princess' marriage first." The Emperor nods in agreement, then lifts his cup of wine, gulping it down in an instant and returns the cup on the table. He eyes the cup without blinking.

"Very well."

---

Author's POV:

"This is horrible! This is horrible! Seventh Princess! This is horrible!" Ere runs about in the palace, looking around frantically for Seventh Princess. Her face is pale as though she has seen a ghost. Perhaps, she did not see the ghost, but heard it instead.

"Seventh Princess! Where is Seventh Princess?!" She stops by a palace servants and shakes her body, impatient for an answer. The poor palace servant points at the direction of the pavilion. Without further ado, Ere lifts her skirt and runs with all her might towards the pavilion, where she finds Seventh Princess elegantly playing a zither in peace, a music that speaks of sorrow. The tranquil she was immersed in is soon broken into pieces by the entrance of her servant.

"Your Highness!" Ere drops down to her knees, her forehead touching the grounds and she cries, unable to speak. Seeing her loyal servant of years acting thus way, Seventh Princess halts her fingers and hurriedly stands up from her cushion, approaching Ere and helping her up.

"What happened?" She asks, herself is filled with worry and also curiosity.

"Seventh Princess... Yo-your..."