Chapter 35

After a long hour of staying in her room, Kira has made a choice of standing up and going for her wardrobe. The words still lingered in her mind, constantly echoing. It filled her with fear.

She pulled a thicker sweater out of the hanged clothes, all coincidentally her size. If not, they were all one size bigger than her. She slipped out of the shirt she had on, which reeked of odd jelly bean scents. She tossed it to the nearby basket that Slenderman or the others take to the laundry room.

She peeked through the doors of the balcony. She could see the view of the forest once again. She glanced down and noticed Slenderman, walking along with Sally, Laughing Jack, and a small crowd of peculiar looking people.

Curious, she went out of her room to meet them. Her head felt like it was filled with cotton balls, but she still managed to come down with no problems.

Slenderman opened the door for everyone, and in came a small crowd. Most of them looked like Kira's age, some had to same eyes Ben had, and there were two children.

One of them carried a small box with a crank at the side. It looked awfully similar to Laughing Jack's.

A boy with black hair and gray clothing looked around, running his hands up and down against his upper arms. On his head was a cap that looked similar to Red's, and his eyes are two dark voids.

Kira watched him curiously. Something about him seemed interesting, apart from his appearance.

His hands dropped to his sides, a frown on his lips. His fingertips started to turn transparent.

"Dammit, not again." He lifted his hands, the transparent parts now engulfing his hands, his elbows, until finally he lost his arms.

Kira's eyebrow raised.

"Kira, good morning." Said Slenderman, standing next to her. "These will be the new ones. Don't worry about them, they're friendlier than Jeff."

"Oh." Kira ran her hands through her hair.

Slenderman was about to turn away, but then he faced her again. Kira could sense his uneasiness.

"Kira."

"Yes?"

Slenderman seemed to stare at her for a while, until he said, "Never mind." And walked away.

Kira shrugged it off, and turned back to the new comers. She found herself in the gaze of a black eyed woman, Jane.

She approached her, a pale hand sticking out to offer a handshake. "You're the girl watching a while ago, right? I'm Jane."

Kira wrapped her fingers around Jane's hand. "I'm Kira."

Jane let go of her hand, smiling a small one. "You're that Kira. Well, I suppose Kira is rare for a name. So is a human with powers."

She smiled lightly at her, not sure of how to respond to that.

She felt a tug on her pants, and she looked down on the cat that bit the fabric. It started to purr and rub against her leg. When it turned its head, she saw a grin.

It curled up against her foot, licking her shoes.

"Grinny! There you are!" A woman shrilled and bent down, grabbing the strange cat. "Sorry about that, he likes meeting new people." She cuddled the cat to her chest, allowing her to notice her strange long neck.

"Ha, human with powers. What's funny is that  you aren't a human at all."

Kira grimaced at the sound of his voice, her eyesight getting blurry and her head started to throb. Despite the pain, she managed to put on a smile as she greeted the new comers.

"Hide that fear and pain all you want, sis, just don't come crying for help to them."

Guess what? Leigh feels better now :)

So maybe, just maybe, she'll come back on the next chapter. Just you wait. :)

(If there is someone waiting)

~Matt, the Wayward Vagabond.

PS, is Grinny a girl or a boy?