Drunk in Love

"I know this looks bad but let me explain", Aaron said.

Lucille pushed him away. "Aaron what did you do? What did she make you do?"

"Just sit down so", he was cut off.

"I don't want to sit Aaron, I want you tell me what the hell is going on."

"Baby, I was just doing what I had to do to take care of us."

Lucille shook her head, fighting away tears.

"Anne-Katherine knows some people in some high up places. She made it clear that if I helped her, she would help me. I just did what she asked me to do."

"I can't even look at you right now", she said. "You lied to me."

Lucille stormed into their bedroom, slamming the door shut behind her. He knew better than to try and go in after her. After a few minutes she came out with a suitcase, walking towards the door.

"Lucille wait", he tried to grab her shoulder.

"Don't you touch me", she said through clenched teeth.

"I made a mistake", he pleaded. "Can we just talk about this?"

The front door slammed in his face. Lucille threw her suitcase into her car and drove off.

Oliver was relaxing in his office, enjoying a glass of whiskey when Lucille stormed in.

"We need to talk", she said shutting the door behind her. "Anne-Katherine did this."

"Anne-Katherine did what, exactly?", he asked.

"Anne-Katherine leaked the information", Lucille revealed.

She was waiting to see if Oliver would be sad or angry or anything upon hearing this. But nothing.

He took a sip of his whiskey.

Lucille narrowed her eyes. "But you already knew that didn't you?"

He didn't answer. Lucille bit the inside of her cheek out of frustration.

"Why would you let her get away with this? This could've cost you the election, Oliver."

She walked over to his desk. "Aren't you going to say anything?"

He looked up at her, studying her features.

"You look exhausted", he stated.

Lucille backed away from the desk. "I'm not. I'm just upset."

"Don't be upset on my account. I knew the type of woman my wife was when I married her."

Lucille folded her arms and shook her head. "It's not that."

Oliver left his desk and joined Lucille. He embraced her.

"She manipulated him", he assured her. "It's not Aaron's fault."

"Maybe I want it to be", she said looking up at him. "Just for a little while."

She pulled his face down to hers and kissed him. He put his hands on her waist, pulling her closer to him. It was only a few seconds before the taste of whiskey settled into her tongue. She pushed him away.