nineteen • tell me i'm an angel, take this to my grave

Satan himself appeared on the front porch, something Party Poison was not expecting. At first he nearly screeched, but after a second he was looking over the suave demon that had changed himself to appear human. After fixing his jacket and sunglasses Brendon Urie grinned at Party.

"Hey! What's up?! How's it shaking?! Did you like the dream? Daddy told me to be subtle, so I tried and that happened. But now I'm here because apparently I fucked up again."

"...Brendon...?"

"Oh, yeah, I rule hell now by the way. And no hard feelings for Mikey killing me, I thank him actually."

"You gave me that fucking dream?"

Brendon scoffed, rolling his eyes from behind the tinted glasses. "Hell yeah! Was it great, or was it great?! I liked the added blood in there, cause you can never go overboard."

At the sight of Party Poison gnawing on his bottom lip, Brendon dropped his smile but didn't apologize. Satan never needed to apologize in his book. "Why'd you do it?" the redhead asked, crossing his arms.

"Because you needed to get off your ass and do something about fucking Lockdown! Okay, maybe I sent him to you guys at first cause I knew him before and he was cool for me, but I didn't think he'd steal Ghoul then plot his death and take him to Battery City with Jet and Kobra and-"

"Brendon-" Party paused when the man across him glared "-Satan, sorry. But still, slow down. Aren't you supposed to be able to see when people are good or bad?"

"That's Daddy's job, not mine. Sorry, kid."

"Kid?"

"I gained about an eon of knowledge after I died."

Party shook his head, pushing past Brendon to get to the car where Show Pony was waiting. "Listen, whatever you have to say... I don't care. Alright? I just don't care about your whole 'I'm totally Satan now' thing because I have to go get the people I know don't show up when I might've been tripping acid the night before."

"You forgot the 'lol'."

"What the fuck is that?"

"Sorry, wrong universe. Anyways, I'm coming with you. Daddy told me I had to." Brendon grinned, relatively proud of himself as once again he shifted forms. Now, however, taking the form of just an average Killjoy. Perhaps too average, but it's not like anybody was gonna ask if that was Satan himself. Plus, Brendon was enjoying knowing that if Elton John-god was watching, that he'd be face palming at being referred to as 'Daddy'.

"Uh, you're crazy..." Party didn't know what else he could say; he was already inside the van and next to Show Pony in the back. "You need to go, I'm sorry. I don't know what kind of sick joke this is, but it's not fuckin' funny. You need to go."

Brendon sat up straight, staring hard at the redhead. "I'm not leaving. If you aren't gonna believe me, then just do it for Mikey."

There was a pause, then Party got in the van. He didn't say anything, just couldn't bring himself to. If this really was Brendon, how would he react to seeing Mikey now? The kid was a wreck, black hair and everything as well as his constant weird way of changing the subject when it came to love, or whenever he blushed when that one guy looked at him. But if anyone asked him, he either wouldn't answer or he'd deny it. He'd deny it with his every breath.