01; Welcome To Beacon Hills

Constellate

verb | con - stel - late | meaning - to gather together in a cluster or group

Chapter One ; Welcome To Beacon Hills

For what its worth, Miles Argent had quite enjoyed his time in France. His family owned a rather large bit of land that had been graciously given to them by a king after a member of the Argent family had slayed a rather unfriendly creature of the night.

That hunt was a couple centuries old, though. Now, rarely any Argents called called the massive household their home as many had moved away. For the most part, despite when he went away to join in on a hunt or when family members came through town, Miles lived in the house alone.

For almost two whole years, that was how Miles had chosen to live. About six months ago, Miles had an Uncle Beck who had stated that his nephews life style had somehow reminded him of the well known french tale, The Beauty and The Beast. Shortly after her sons claim, Miles' great-aunt Dorothea had then remarked bemusedly that Miles reminded her more of the beauty then of the beast. As enjoyable as their company had been, both has sadly met their maker no more then a week later.

Miles wouldn't call himself satisfied with his lifestyle, but he was used to it. Yes, Miles had a rather large range of friends and family members whom had taught him everything, but Miles struggled to feel like he belonged. Every fiber in his being had always, unfailingly, told Miles he was a mistake, desperate to prove himself and always falling just short of the impossible expectations he'd set for himself. No matter what he did, he knew he was able to be the man, the hunter, that his grandfather wanted him to be.

Knowing that he wasn't the perfect hunter, knowing that he was never going to replace his father in his grandfathers eyes, is what left the empty feeling in his stomach in this very moment. He sat in his parked car, his hands gripping tightly to the steering wheel as he stared down the house in front of him. It wasn't as the Argent family home back in France, but it was twice as menacing. Not for the size, per say, but for what was it held inside. There would be possibly dozens of his family members, gathering to mourn and avenge the death of his Aunt Kate.

Miles had grown up around Kate. When he was younger, she'd come around to see him and his father quite often. But then Noah Argent had gotten himself killed, and Kate had made herself scarce. It'd been years since the last time he'd seen her, but he could still picture her vividly in his head. The first time he'd shot a practice dummy squarely in the forehead for the first time when he was merely nine years old, Kate had been there. He'd never forget the fire in her eyes as she hovered over him. The look on her face had been... unforgettable, to say the least.

After fifteen minutes of sitting in his car, Miles realized the sun had gone down, and he was sitting outside in the dark like a total stalker. He sighed, knowing it wasn't a good idea to look like you were spying on the Argents, and reached into his backseat to grab his duffelbag. Just as his fingers wrapped firmly around the straps, the front door to the Argent house opened up. Out came three men, all dressed in dark clothes. Miles could tell by the way the walked, together in an organized pattern like they'd synchronized with each other, that they were ready to move out on a hunt. Miles quickly hopped out of his car.

Chris Argent was the first one to notice his approaching nephew. He didn't quite recognize the teenaged boy at first. Miles had grown well over a foot since the last time they'd seen each other, and his skin had gotten taught, like it was wearing thing against his tight muscles. He was brawny to say the least, and he'd grown into a strong looking a man, one who you could tell was skilled to fight his way out of any fight you could throw at him. His broad shoulders held home to a handsomely stern face, a home to dark eyes that reminded Chris of Noah. When he saw those dark eyes he'd grown up with, he'd knew for certain he was looking at his brothers son.