41) No Limits

"They haven't found Xavier." Rocco walked beside me as we went to Cardinal's office

I hadn't gone home in hours and I knew the girls were worried but I didn't want them more tangled up in Cardinal's scheme then they already were-especially Royalty.

"Oh geez?" I groaned "Where the heck is he?!"

I was growing a little frustrated with his absence for so long and my Uncle wasn't much of a help as he won't say a word. That made my temper fly sky-rocket and I was really in a foul mood.

"We're trying Nico." Rocco opened the door to Cardinal's office

"Have you got something out of him?" I asked walking in behind him

"Not yet." Rocco turned on the lights "Easier said than done. We might as well give up and just hand him over."

"Not in my vocabulary." I grinned and then turned to face the man who had neglected me as a child while I was under his custody "Hello Uncle. Had a nice rest?"

I had the men tie him to the chair and we left him there for a few days with one of the men bringing him food and water. I took out my gun out my pocket and rested it on the table.

"Are you going to talk or do I have to force it out of you?" I asked feeling the foul mood starting to take over again.

"I'm not telling you anything Damanico!" he ground his teeth "You'll have to kill me first."

"That is something I won't do." I shook my head "I don't want your blood on my hands. I'll hand you over to the police in a while."

"Police?' he asked surprised

"You think I don't know about the innocent women you murdered after rape?" I asked looking at him innocently

"How'd you know about that?!" he asked in shock "No-no one..."

"No one knew?" I questioned while pulling out a file out his desk "I went through your desk and I found all the files. No need to hide anymore. The police would be happy."

I waved the file in front of him and he stared in horror. I let the contents of slip out. Pictures of dead women who Cardinal had raped fell out and he looked down at them in horror.

"Let's start from the top." I began to pace "What do you want with the music box?"

"I won't tell you a thing." he snarled "You filthy beast."

I looked at him and lifted my hand and swung him in the jaw. He groaned in pain as blood trickled down the side of his mouth. He looked up at me and chuckled.

"Amateur." he said under his breath

"You want to try that from the start?" I asked "I asked you a question."

Rocco took out a cigar and lit it before sitting on Cardinal's desk and looking at both of us.

This was going to be one long night!

Xavier's POV

"Thanks Diana." I finished the bowl of chicken soup.

"What the heck we your doing in the rain?" she scolded me

"Running from someone." I answered and looked at the wound which she had cleaned and bandaged

"You and the mafia." Diana rolled her eyes and shook her auburn curls

Diana was the jewelry store owner and although she was a married woman in her thirties, we were very close. She was a motherly figure to me.

"Have you called your brother yet?" she asked me pointing to the cordless phone