Chapter 25

I need to tell Harmony what I saw. I need to tell her that Chase is cheating on her. And with Miss Marr, his art teacher. I'm heading to her now. Sierra follows shortly behind me. "Class doesn't start for another half hour, why are you rushing?" Sierra says, surprisingly confused.

"What? This isn't even my locker room. Don't you realise I'm looking for Harms?"

"Oh. Why?"

"Because we both saw her boyfriend cheating on her. With a teacher. No less."

"You can't tell her that!" Sierra pulls me into the supply closet.

"Why wouldn't I?" I say no longer in a whisper.

"Because she won't believe you! She'll think you're just trying to get her back after what she did to you. I mean, it's a perfect scheme. I couldn't have thought of a better way to get back at her if it was planned."

"I'm not trying to get back at her! She's my friend and she deserves the truth."

"Obviously she didn't think the same about you."

The silence is deadly as I ponder her words. She's right. Harmony didn't tell me the truth, why should I tell her?

"No."

"What?"

"I have to tell her. You're right, she didn't think I deserved the truth. But I don't think anyone deserves to be cheated on. My brother was crushed when Emily cheated on him, and I'm not going to let her get more attached to him while he secretly is seeing someone else. Even she deserves better than him."

"I guess. But don't say I didn't warn you when she doesn't believe you."

I duck out of the supply closet when nobody is looking and continue my quest to confront Harms. Sierra still follows behind me although this time with a subtle frown and crossed arms. We finally reach Harmony and she smiles when she sees me. "Hey Kristen!"

"Harmony, we need to talk."

"Umm... why so serious?" She says noting my expression.

"It's important."

"Good or bad news." She says, as she always does.

"Bad. There's no depends-how-you-take-it here."

"Oh, well in that case... Do I need to know?"

"I'd like to know."

"Well you and I have very different need-to-know basis'."

"I'd want to know as well." Sierra pipes in and mutters, "not that you'll listen," under her breath.

"Ok, hand it to me. I can take it." Harmony says, brushing a thick strand of brown hair from her eyes.

"Ummm..."

"Just say it Kristen. We don't have all day." Harmony demands impatiently.

"C'mon Kris. Tell her." Sierra pushes.

"Well-"

"Last night we," Sierra bursts, "caught Chase cheating on you. With a teacher. Do what you like with that information." Then she smiles at me like a child trying to make their parent proud.

"Is that true?" Harmony asks me.

"Yes. I'm sorry Harmo-" I stutter.

"I don't believe you."

"I told you so." Sierra says incoherently quiet.

"I can't believe you Kristen. Are you trying to get back at me? Is this revenge? I thought you were more mature than that." She screeches, not hiding her irritation.

She pushes past me and hits my shoulder roughly. "She's a bit of a dog." Sierra huffs.

"She can be. But most of the times she's alright." I sigh. "Now what're we going to do?"

"Do you reckon that Chase and Miss Marr often have their sessions in the art room?"

"Probably."

"Then I have a plan."

***

Sierra and I walk into the empty art room. Miss Marr's desk sits at the front and the chairs and desks spread out around the room. The chairs and tables are high though for all the artsy stuff. I always wanted to be good at art... Unfortunately even my stick figures are unidentifiable.

"Are you sure this will work?" I ask Sierra sceptically.

"Positive. Look, I've done this before. How do you think I recorded my epic explosion? I wasn't there in person obviously."

"Will it stream live to your laptop?"

"Yes. And with all these cupboards and posters, it'll be easy to hide all the cameras." She says accessing the room.

"I don't know... what if someone catches us?! Isn't this illegal or something?"

"What Chase and Miss Marr are doing is much worse. Ok? Stop worrying about everything. You're such an anxious person."

"No kidding."

She stands on top of a desk to reach a high shelf. She almost topples over so I walk closer and steady the table. Then she freezes unnaturally. "What's wrong Sierra?"

"Shut up!" She whispers.

"What?!"

"Get in the cupboard!"

I do as she said and we huddle in the cupboard and hold our breaths. Footsteps break the silence. "Mr. Williams, you had a question from today's lesson?"

"Yes, Miss Marr, I did." More footsteps. The door shuts. Sierra and I peak through the slight cupboard door opening. Wow. Already another make out session.

"That's so wrong!" I whisper to Sierra who covers my mouth correspondingly.

"Not now! Tonight."

"I can't wait." Chase says.

"Someone will see us." Footsteps, door opens.

"I can't wait to repeat last night." Chase says quietly. Then they both leave the room. Or so we think.

Sierra peaks through the crack again and then opens the cupboard door.

"Repeat last night?"

"Yep. Damn it, I didn't turn the cameras on."

"Tonight then! We'll get them tonight and then Harmony will have to believe us, dump the scum bag and then we can all end happily ever after."

"Sure."

"Except... tonight I have my date with Kyle."

_______________________________________________________________________
Thankyou for reading!

Aurora