Chapter 5

Hunter's POV:

I sighed and rubbed my temples as a headache started to form from listening to Jessica talk. Damn that girl wasnt the brightest. Sure we had a thing once, but now I have my mate and I damn well wont give him up for some meaningless 'fun'.

Speaking of mate, I felt my wolf whine excitedly as I caught scent of Cooper. I felt myself go hard immediately at the the smell of vanilla and honey, the scent of my mate, and I looked up in confusion.

My eyes went wide as I stared into beautiful hazel eyes. When the hell had he gotten here? And how didnt I smell him?

"When did you get here?"

"Ive been here the whole time. Remember? Detention?"

I sat confused for a second before realization dawned. Oh ya he had detention today for falling asleep in class. I totally forgot once Jessica had started sexually harassing me and her thick grossly flowery perfume had covered up my mates scent. Stupid girls...

"what's a mate? And why did Jessica call you Alpha?"

I went pale as I realized he must had overheard Jessica. God Im starting to hate her more and more...

How was I suppose to get out of this one?

Cooper's POV:

I watched in amusement as he went white and I almost laughed out loud. He looked so scared and confused and I wanted to hug him. He looked like the little kid who stole the cookie from the cookie jar and was just caught.

"Jessica is from Australia so she still uses the word mate for friend every once in a while."

I looked at him suspiciously. "Then what about her calling you Alpha?"

"Thats Australian too."

I could tell her wasnt telling me the whole truth but I decided it wasnt my place to question him. Sadly...

"So if your done playing 20 questions with me, its my turn."

I raised my eyebrows at him. Was he serious? What could he possibly want to know?

"What are you talking about?"

"During class you all got to ask me questions to get to know me so now I get to get to know you better."

"But..."

"No buts." He said strongly in that hard demanding voice of his.

Asshole. Telling me what to do. He doesnt own me. He cant control me. Thats what parents are for and mine decided to not do their proper job so NO ONE told me what to do.

I opened my mouth to argue but he just smirked at me. Your in MY detention. If you dont want to listen to me then Id be more than happy to give you another month of detention."

I immediately shut up and sighed in exasperation. Might as well.

"What do you want to know?"

"What's your full name?"

"Cooper Finn Ryan."

"Who's your best friend?"

"Jesse."

"Favorite subject in school?"

I blushed. "Health."

He smirked. "Why does Tyler and the other little punks mess with you?"

"Because Im gay."

"Why do you let them mess with you?"

"Cause they are bigger than me."