커피

Dear Taehyung, it's been a month already. I haven't seen you yet. Even though this city is big I thought our paths would cross, but they didn't. I caught myself walking past your house, even though I had to go into the opposite direction. But somehow I hoped to see you, somehow I'm glad I didn't see you.《

Your shift started at 10:30am. Quickly you changed your clothes to get into the outfit the Café owner had given you. It was ugly. Taehyung used to make fun of you but secured you that it looked cute. One of million lies he had told you.
It was a day like all the others, serving, making coffee, cutting the cake - pretty boring. But you earned a good wage of it, and that's what counts. The day went by and it was lunchtime already when you were told to cut new, fresh cakes. You were about to cut the strawberry cake when Irene, your co - worker tapped on your waist. Irene was a nice girl, she was one of your closest friends. She was the one who had provided you with chocolate and cake during your heartbreak. She knew a lot about you and you were thankful for her.

"What is he doing here?", you heard her mumble.

"Who?", you mumbled back, trying to look into the direction of the door.
She didn't have to say a word anymore, you saw who she had meant. It was Taehyung. What was he doing here? He knew that you worked here and avoided coming into the Café Shop because he knew exactly that the chances of you two meeting here was about 89%.

He looked amazing and even better than last year, he grew up for sure. His face looked soft as always as he was looking around, searching for somebody. No way he could see you. You looked like a mess, not only did the break up get to you mentally, you also had stopped to eat so to put it all together: you were weak. Weak mentally and physically. The instinct kicked in and you felt the blood heating up in your veins immediately. Quickly you hid behind the curtain. Your action was followed by Irene narrowing her eyebrows.

"Serve him, please.", your voice had become super quiet and trembling. Oh what that boy had did to you, he didn't deserve someone breaking mentally - and especially not you. You who had given your all into the relationship, you who was faithful all the time not thinking about any other guy. Nevertheless how much you wanted to hate him, you couldn't.
Irene reacted quickly and took one of the menu cards, heading towards him. They were talking and you heard Irene saying that you didn't work today, followed by a laughter of Taehyung. Had he seen you? You opened the curtain a little bit to hear more and see something. Irene mentioned something of "year...changes" and you figured out that she probably had said that your working times had changed after a year. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows looking dangerously into your direction before you hastily closed the curtain.

"Hey, what are you doing behind the curtain? Go cut the cake!", your boss suddenly appeared in front of you, making you blush.

"Yes sorry.", with your head down you walked towards the strawberry cake, ignoring the stares you got. Including his.

Irene was trying to direct him to a table but he resisted, instead his feet came closer to you. You heard it and when he stood right in front of you, you smelled it.

"Hey.", his voice was rough. Just like in the dream you've had last night but this time it was really happening.

You looked up and after a year you could finally look into his eyes again. He smiled at your eye contact and your vision started to get blurry as you saw his unique rectangular smile. His dark shiny eyes, his soft red lips. He had changed, but still you felt so close to him. After 12 months. Pathetic.

"You know when your shift is over?", he looked down to you, weirdly still smiling showing all of his teeth.

"No, she doesn't.", Irene came from behind and grabbed Taehyung by his shoulder. What a hero. Or else you would have stood in front of him mumbling a language no one could ever understand.