Chapter 32:

Alexia's POV:
     I sighed and set my pen down shakily. Done. I looked at the form on my desk, filled out and ready to go. Standing up from my chair I stood up and grabbed the sheet before leaving my office to use the fax machine in Beck's. Once it went through I put it back on my desk and stepped into the library.
I straightened out my denim button up adjusted the chunky cream scarf around my neck. Despite Rhea coming back, my body temperature still hadn't stabilized and even with the fire roaring in the library i still felt a draft. Beck and I also couldn't mind link yet which was frustrating to say the least.
It had been four days since the fight. And I could tell Beck was still feeling terrible. And part of me felt like he should, but most of me felt like he had done so much for me and it was time to move on. But to show me he loves me he's been sending flowers left and right. As much as he has wanted to stay home and help organize the library and get ready for the baby,  he's had to go back to work. I've spent most of my days alone but I don't mind the quiet. 

Later on this afternoon we had a big meeting with the elder council and the rest of the team, about the pack in general as well as about Dante. Then tonight we were telling the family about the baby. Apparently Beck says my scent still hasn't changed, but it will soon.
I dragged the box of library stuff off my desk and carried it to the reading area of our library. Boxes were still stacked haphazardly around the room and Beck had brought up a ladder because some of the boxes were just too high for me to reach.

I started with a shorter stack and sliced open the tape. We had gone to an actual  bookstore distributor to buy enough books to fill our shelves, but still leave room to gather more. Pulling out the fresh volumes I would flip open the cover and on the front page imprint our pack crest and PROPERTY OF STONE LIBRARY on them.

Then we actually had check out cards printed out so if the library at the pack members didnt have a book they could come here and check it out. Oh yeah we mean business about books here. But they would also have to all be entered into the electronic computer system to share the server with the pack house. It would be quite the project.
I sat down on the floor and set to work, occasionally standing up to bring a stack of books to its designated section if the library. Beck had gone so far as to get a shelf ladder the slid along the bookshelves. Its actually heaven, no big deal or anything. In fact I was on the ladder in the nonfiction section on the second floor, beginning to load them onto the shelves when the library door opened.

"Lexi?" Beck called from below.

"Up here!" I called back and heard his heavy footsteps on the stairs. I turned and flashed him a smile. I did a double take though at the sight of a shirtless Beck at the top of the stairs. Sweat dripped of his hair and he smirked. He walked over to me and gave me a kiss.
"Whatcha doing?"
"Just working on the library," I said. "How was patrol?"
He shrugged. "It was alright. We went around the entire border. So we saw everything."
"Anything worth getting worried about?" He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the bookcase.
"Not yet. But I don't want you worrying about anything. Its not good for this little guy," he said placing his hand on my belly and leaning down to give it a kiss. It was quite the shock to wake up before and feel a slight but firm curve on my stomach. My pregnancy was just progressing so quickly, it seemed like every day my body was changing significantly
"How do you know it's a boy?"
He shrugged, "call it a hunch,"
"I don't know I think he's a she ," I said turning back to the bookshelf.
"Care to make a wager?"
I raised an eyebrow, "oh its on. What are we wagering?"
He scratched his jaw thoughtfully, "whoever wins gets to pick the name,"
"Absolutely not."
"What! Why?"
"You'll win and pick something like Arnold," I whined.
"I would not!"
I raised an eyebrow and stared at him.
"Fine how bout the winner gets to pick from a list of agreed upon names."
"I guess I can deal with that," I said nodding. I lifted a particularly heavy book and hoisted it onto the shelf.
"Are you sure you should be up there?"
"Beck I think I can put books on a shelf," I said rolling my eyes.
"What if you slip on the ladder?"
I looked down behind me.
"Its a short drop and someone has to put these in the right spot."
"I'll do it," he said taking the volume from. Or tried to. I wasn't letting go.
"No you can go shower before we have to go meet people,"I said and tugged on the book.
"No I'm helping."
"You're actually making things harder " we continued to tug on the book until he tugged hard enough and the book slipped from my hands as I pitched forward. My arms shot out to brace the fall, but Beck dropped the book to wrap his arms around me and he yanked me up against his chest.