Chapter 12

Ashton took us to where we had gone on our fourth date for dinner, which happened to be my favorite restaurant in Sydney so far. It was a small family owned Italian place called Elaine's. Their fettuccine Alfredo was delicious there, by far one of my favorites.

Calum and Luke sat next to each other in the booth across from Ashton and me whilst Michael sat at the end.

"Elaine's never disappoints," Cal said with a sigh, leaning back in his seat while patting his stomach.

"Elaine's is the shit," Michael said putting his fork down on his plate

I let my fork fall on the empty plate upon me and leaned into Ashton's arm which he had on top of the booth seat. I felt Ashton place his other hand on top of mine under the table, resting it on his knee. It was like we were hiding a secret from the boys. I looked up and smiled at him. His eyes shined down into mine. Hazel-brown-green to honey brown.

"What are you two smiling about?" Michael said and I automatically blushed beet red. Luke ducked under the table to see our hands gripping onto each other.

"They're holding hands. How adorable," Luke smirked, leaning back in the seat like Calum.

"Jesus Christ, just ask each other out already. It's pissing everyone off how into each other you guys are and aren't even official," Cal said.

"Oh shut up, Cal. At least I have someone into me," Ashton joked.

"What are you talking about? I got Lukey," he laughed and nuzzled up to Luke.

"Love you, mate," Luke laughed and eventually we all started laughing. They always made jokes about Cal and Luke's friendship since they were so close. When I started hanging out with all of them, I was confused thinking they were actually together. I wasn't let in on the joke until Ashton drove me home that night.

There was a pause when I noticed Calum, Michael and Luke nod at each other.

"What's that look for?" I asked, confused by whatever signal they were passing to each other.

"Well, while you've been together with Ash, we've become friends with you too. So...we figured we'd get you a small thing for you," Luke smiled. He and I became the closest out of the other two. He was a genuine kind-hearted guy. I'm not saying Michael and Cal weren't but Luke was just an easy guy to talk to.

"It was my idea though," Calum said.

"Oh shut up, Cal. We all know you're the last person to come up with this," Michael said.

"Anyways," Luke said. "Michael, give it already."

Michael reached across the table and handed me a small, thin square object wrapped in party balloon wrapping paper. I looked up at Ashton to see if he knew what it was but he shrugged innocence.

My fingers slowly pulled up the taped folds. I could feel all of their eyes on me as I did. I ripped off the last fold and inside revealed a CD. I analyzed it, seeing their four faces each in its own little corner of the case. It was their EP.

"It's one of the few copies printed out but this one has its own spin on it for you," Michael smiled.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Its own spin on it?

"Listen to it and you'll see," Calum grinned, crossing his dark, tanned arms on his chest.

"Wow, thank you guys so much. It's so thoughtful of you to think of me."

"Any time, Jules," Luke said. No one had ever called me that before, but Caleb. It used to be his thing, but I didn't mind the other guys calling me it since I felt like I already had a close bond with them like I did with Caleb. Ashton stuck with 'Juliette' though.