Chapter Twenty Four

"Nana?!" Judith called out. "Pa-"

She fell silent as she heard a groaning noise come from the kitchen. "Hello?!"

Her heart beat in her chest at a violent rate as she neared the kitchen quickly.

"Nana!" She shrieked as she saw her grandmother on the floor struggling to get to her feet. She rushed over to the woman's side, helping her at least sit up. The woman's forehead was bloody from a gash she ended up with possibly from her fall.

"Nana, what happened?! Nana?" She held the side of her grandmother's face, Bethany seemed in some sort of daze as she didn't respond.

"Come on, Nana, you have to tell me, what happened? Did Nate do this?!"

Bethany's lips parted as she took hold of Judith's hand. "It wasn't Nate! It wasn't him!" Bethany cried out. "He's inside of him, Judith. He took him!"

"Shh, Nana..." she tried to calm the woman down by running her hand over Bethany's hair. "I...where is grandpa..."

"I don't know, he was upstairs when Nathaniel came in."

Judith's hands trembled before turning to Fred and Harry. "Please go upstairs and see if he's alright!" she begged them.

"Why did he do this?" Judith asked holding her grandmother close to her body.

"It's not Nathaniel's fault, he's not himself. He wasn't able to fight off the possession, we should have seen it coming. I should have been there for him. I could have prevented this."

"It's not your fault, Nana. None of this is your fault...we didn't know."

"This gift has been nothing but a curse for the two of you..."

"No, that's not true. At least not for me, Nana. I'm really glad I developed the sense just like you, it's hard to explain but I'm glad I have it. We're going to help Nathaniel. But right now, we need to get you to St. Mungo's."

She turned her head as she saw Harry rush down the stairs. "He's alive, but he's hurt pretty badly."

Pacing back and forth in one of the hallway of St. Mungo's, Judith waited for one of the healers to just tell her that both of her grandparents were okay. While Bethany had been conscious upon their arrival, her grandfather hadn't been so fortunate. But she was incredibly thankful that they were both alive.

Fred watched her before letting out a heavy sigh. "Pacing isn't going to help you right now, Judith. Sit down."

'I can't...not until someone comes out here and talks to me. This is all my fault."

"It's not even close to being your fault."

"We should have seen the signs."

"There's no way we could have known that you-know-who would move so quickly from you to your brother."

"He's probably been eyeing Nathaniel as long as he was following me. Nathaniel just became the easier target because of all the anger he carries."

"There's nothing you could have done to prevent that. From what you told me that anger wasn't caused by you but by your mother leaving after your father's death. Something neither one of you could control. Life just works in a funny way."

"I don't see anything funny about this right now." She said finally sitting down. "Both my grandparents are in the hospital and my brother is the one who put them there. Well not him but the Dark Lord did, because he's possessed him." she whispered harshly.

She dropped her head into her hands. "And the problem is, this is the most unbelievable situation on the face of the planet."

"Well, you have someone who believes you." Fred noted Harry who was standing further down the hallway.

"I'm not sure about that..."

Harry turned as he heard footsteps approaching and found Judith walking over to him.

"I'm really sorry about your grandparents." he told her.

"Thank you, but I'm sure they're going to be fine. They are the toughest people I know."

"Do you have any idea where your brother could have gone?" he asked.

"He's not my brother anymore, remember?" she sighed. "I don't know where he could have gone. Maybe to my place afterwards to try and get me. He's probably going to go after everyone he can."

"I need to get the other Aurors on this immediately. This..this can't happen again." Harry said determinedly. "I won't allow it. But you can't go home alone."

"I won't be alone, I have Fred-"

"Fred can't help you if Voldemort decides to appear." Harry whispered to her.

"So where am I supposed to go?" Judith asked. "Back to my grandparents' home?"

"No, that's not safe either. Your grandparents will be safe here. I'll be sure to place an Auror as guard outside of their room. However, I think it's best you go somewhere where I know I can find you and I know you'll be safe. Because if I know Voldemort, I know that he's probably gone through your brother's mind and is trying to find every place your brother knows where you go."

"Where am I going then?"

Fred stood behind her. "I have a feeling I know where he's going to suggest." he smiled.

"Where?"

"The Burrow." Harry and Fred said together.

"The what?"